Tool change configuration

More
06 Dec 2014 04:34 #53738 by sandro_cnc
Hello I'm try to run my cnc with linuxcnc 2.5 and I'll like to try to configure the probe input for change tool.
Anyone can give some suggestion to find information to configure one input to use for touch probe of tool in the tool change

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2014 05:00 #53742 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Tool change configuration
Connect your input in your hal file to motion.probe-input.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

motion.probe-input IN BIT G38.x uses the value on this pin to determine when the probe has made contact. TRUE for probe contact closed (touching), FALSE for probe contact open.

This is a good place to start reading.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/basic_hal.html

JT

More
06 Dec 2014 05:23 #53745 by sandro_cnc
What I'm looking for is a procedure to make the home of the tool. I'm running the EMC2 2.5 by parallel port and I have other free input to use like tool probe.
My cnc is home made and i don't have an automatic tool change, just do M6 TX to select the tool and after give the 0 point of the tool.
I have solve this problem in this way.
Home sequence x y z when the X Y have carry out the home procedure the Z do the home in a fixed position probing the tool on the endstop. so the end of the tool is on 0 point of the plate.
Is working nice but during the tool change l have to perform the complete home and so on ..... .
Is possible after the M6 Tx command do the automatic tool probing procedure ?
Thanks alot for your answer I'll study the link

More
08 Dec 2014 01:36 #53793 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Tool change configuration
Your confusing homing and touch off. While you can get it to work that way it does not provide you with correct soft limits.

Homing establishes then machine coordinate system G53. The axes soft limits from the ini file now prevent the machine from crashing into a hard stop.

Tool touch off establishes the offset for that tool. Normally the Z0 is the top of the material and all cuts are Z-. It sounds like you have a touch probe input set up so instead of homing the Z axis you need to touch off the tool.

Probe to your touch off device using G38 and the variable 5063 holds the exact Z postion of the probe.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/gcode.html#sec:G38-probe

More info here.

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/g-code/index.html

JT

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds