multispindle configuration.

More
21 Jan 2015 05:25 #55230 by dmaster
My problem is to start 2 or 3 linux cnc cofigs at the same time.

Main config is connected to mesa 5i25 + 7i77 pins
other configs are connected to main config with (slave config)pid.0.output => (masterconfig) hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.7i77.0.1.analogout0

is it feasible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2015 08:15 #55255 by BigJohnT
You can only run one instance of LinuxCNC at a time on the computer. If you need independent operation of several cnc machines at the same time you would need one computer for each one. If you just need to operate different spindles depending on the job at had you can do the switching in HAL.

JT

More
22 Jan 2015 14:19 #55263 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic multispindle configuration.
I'm not positive, but I believe machinekit may allow multiple linuxcncs on one computer.
I know it was demoed..just not sure if that is main stream.

Chris M

More
22 Jan 2015 15:16 - 22 Jan 2015 19:42 #55264 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic multispindle configuration.

My problem is to start 2 or 3 linux cnc cofigs at the same time.

If you can explain exactly what you have and want to do with it, there may be way to do what you want 'as is'.

Having multiple spindles does not necessarily entail having separate configs for each, you might just have to use something other than S to control the speed of the extra ones for instance.

regards
Last edit: 22 Jan 2015 19:42 by ArcEye.

More
23 Jan 2015 00:21 #55269 by Todd Zuercher
I have some multiple spindle routers I;ve set up. The set ups I've used don't ever use a different speed on two spindles at the same time, so the way I've configured them hasn't been a problem. I've used custom M-codes to connect and disconnect the pins controlling each of the VFDs to the spindle control signals. If a file uses only one spindle then only one of them is connected and ran, if 2 or more are needed then all of those are connected and ran. This is open loop control though (run, stop, set speed, nothing fancy). I would imagine closed loop control, or spindle synchronized control would be much more difficult to implement.

Time to create page: 3.687 seconds