Tx M6 automatic toolchange

More
24 Feb 2015 03:11 #56249 by tnl.lambert
We are encountering a problem with our machine where the tool table and the requested tool do not seem to produce the correct tool. The process is 100% repeatable, but the tools just don't match the number in the Tx command. I can follow the numbers through the process because I am using a python wrapper for an ngc code that actually does the toolchange. The issue seems to come from the #<selected_pocket> and #<selected_tool> parameters. What mediates the Tx command and the #<selected_pocket> and #<selected_tool> parameters?

Does anyone know how to find out where/why the numbers are being modified? I followed the recommended steps in the Integrator's Manual, using most of the code from '11.5.3 Specifying the M6 replacement'.

Apart from this issue, the toolchange works great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2015 23:56 - 25 Feb 2015 15:02 #56274 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Tx M6 automatic toolchange
Hi

I know little about M6 remapping, having always written realtime components to do the toolchanges, but am quite familiar with the toolchange process.

I have seen problems in the past where the predefined named params are not updated during the program run and I tend to address the hal pins directly these days
if I am getting info via gcode.

Using > 2.7 and defining
[RS274NGC]
FEATURES = 12

you can access the hal pins in the toolchange sequence
#<_hal[iocontrol.0.tool-number]>
#<_hal[iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket]>etc

It might be interesting to compare the values returned to the pre-defined params

regards
Last edit: 25 Feb 2015 15:02 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tnl.lambert

More
25 Feb 2015 03:26 #56280 by tnl.lambert
Well, that solved it perfectly. The G-code parameter space wasn't getting the correct info, and the hal pins were. Great!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds