Touch off during tool change

More
05 Sep 2015 04:30 #62135 by Peterc34
Hi BigJohnT,

I'm in the same predicament - no tool holders that I can pre-measure and set the offsets into the table to load with the G43 Hn command. I tried saving a new tool length offset into my tool.tbl file, but the G43 Hn command just ignores it (must be preloading the tool length offset values ONCE at the start). It loads my edited values the NEXT time I run TkEMC (can't run Axis due to graphics card issue).

What are the hoops I have to jump through to be able to manually move and zero the Z axis during the tool change pause (or manually entering the tool length measured after sliding the mill bit into an R8 collet and cinching it tight)?

I know I can break up the G-code at each tool change point, but I'd prefer if I don't have to.

Regards,
Peter C.
Super X3 + Probotics
Fusion 360 CAD/CAM
LinuxCNC Hardy Heron = TkEMC
(wrong graphics/hardware for Axis and newer Linux)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2015 04:40 #62136 by BigJohnT
Same advise as always from me, break your program up into individual G code for each tool.

JT

More
05 Sep 2015 04:52 #62137 by LearningLinuxCNC
If you want to remain with your existing computer hardware then I agree with BigJohnT.

If you upgrade your computer then you could run Gmoccapy and use the manual tool change routines built into it.

More
09 Sep 2015 23:10 #62330 by tommy
Replied by tommy on topic Touch off during tool change
I'm using G43 Hn almost all the time on my 5axis milling machine, but for now I have separate code for each tool (no tool changer), and it would be very handy if G43 Hn command would work with manual tool changing + touch off on sensor to measure new tool length.
I admit that I didn't invest any time to investigate remapping so I'm not sure if this would solve it, as in my case I have to touch off Z on work piece only with first tool (G34 Hn already applied), then after changing tool and measuring on sensor there is no need to touch off again for correcting Z height. Tool length is stored in W axis column in tool table.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds