Linux Mint

More
03 Nov 2015 07:30 #64652 by BigJohnT
Linux Mint was created by BigJohnT
Has anyone patched a kernel for Linux Mint? I'm ready to jump off that cliff if I can get some guidance.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 07:48 - 03 Nov 2015 08:51 #64653 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Linux Mint
I have 2.8.0-pre1-1156 installed on linux mint 17.2 installed form a deb on master branch and SIM works fine, i have not tried to do the RT yet but i can give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Had to edit, uname -v gives me 14.04.1 ubuntu !!!
Also did try the other debs i have of the 2.8.0 version and they do not work, only the sim uspace works.
Regards,
Tom

did some more testing and the only deb that works for sim is
linuxcnc-uspace_2.8.0~pre1.1196.ge2b0651_i386.deb found at buildbot, the precise version, not the wheezy version.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2015 08:51 by tommylight. Reason: more info

More
03 Nov 2015 10:22 #64657 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Linux Mint
You can install the desktop environments used in Mint onto a Linuxcnc Wheezy install. I put Mate onto a machine recently.
wiki.debian.org/Mate.

More
03 Nov 2015 10:30 #64658 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Linux Mint

You can install the desktop environments used in Mint onto a Linuxcnc Wheezy install. I put Mate onto a machine recently.
wiki.debian.org/Mate.

Much easier !!!
Then again i did a wheezy install and then i removed everything that i don't need from it, and then made an image of it. I like to start light and build to what i need.

More
03 Nov 2015 19:08 #64690 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Linux Mint

wiki.debian.org/Mate.

I have Mate on both my Wheezy computers already. It seems to me that Debian is still an underlying PIA and was wanting to try something different.

JT

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds