Phase A & B measurement accuracy using Halscope

More
30 Nov 2015 17:25 - 30 Nov 2015 17:40 #66119 by Davenc
I'm in the process of putting together another CNC lathe using a Grizzly 10 x 22 G0602 and was planning on making my own encoder disk. The size of the lathe will allow me to make a disk with 360 slots where I'll have 1 slot cut for the index pulse and the remaining slots will be used for the A & B spindle phase inputs using separate optical sensors.

My question is whether or not halscope is accurate enough to use to adjust the 90 phase difference between A & B spindle phase inputs. If not I'll have to find a scope to get them set properly. Has anyone done this before?
Last edit: 30 Nov 2015 17:40 by Davenc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2015 00:29 #66143 by andypugh
It ought to be OK at low speed. How low is just a matter of base thread rate (make sure that you run the halscope in the base thread)

More
01 Dec 2015 00:59 #66146 by Davenc
Thanks

Is there a tutorial for running Halscope in the base thread or is base thread the normal mode for Halscope when you start it up? I've used halscope before but never payed any attention to whether or not I was using it in Base thread. I'm going to guess the base thread is the real time sample period with no multipliers? This would normally read slow when the dialog box first show up?

More
01 Dec 2015 01:01 #66147 by andypugh

Is there a tutorial for running Halscope in the base thread or is base thread the normal mode for Halscope

I think that normally it runs in the servo thread.

Click the button that says how many samples and how long. That brings up the sampling settings.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds