Tool compensation switching plane

More
09 Mar 2016 14:55 #71282 by REEEN
There is no tool changer.
But the machine had the option for an automatic toolchanger.

I lile the way with the switchable trivkins.
Can we somehow change the offset from z to y with the head sensors in the kinematic file ?

Two configs is not really possible since the user wanted to run full programmes to mill 2 sides of the parts without restarting.

Greets REEEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2016 15:07 #71283 by andypugh

I lile the way with the switchable trivkins.
Can we somehow change the offset from z to y with the head sensors in the kinematic file ?

I think so. Except the offsets will remain in Z, but the motors will link to different axes.

Vertical
X -> 0
Y -> 1
Z -> 2

Horizontal
-X -> 0
Y -> 2
Z -> 1

Switching from one orientation to the other without a following-error is likely to be interesting.

I am hopeful that there is a way to determine the current coordinate system in HAL, then G54-G58 used as vertical and G59, G59.1 ... G59.3 used for vertical could automatically rotate the head and simultaneously correct for tool point offsets.

More
10 Mar 2016 06:06 #71318 by REEEN
Hello Andy,

I like that idea.
But I would switching between motors from y and z cause also switching parameters ? Like acceleration and maxvel ?

I have an idea how to sole the following error problem.
To tilt the head the machine musst be in a safe position, this can be g0 g53 z0 y0. So now y and z are 0 in machine coordinates.

What I don't like is the fact that the user needs to remind that axes change after head tilt, this can sometimes be a bit complicated for them.

Greets Rene

More
10 Mar 2016 13:38 #71334 by REEEN
Andy,
I think switching the kinematics is a problem because of the axes drives, they will receive wrong parameters when switching between them.

What I still prefer is using a seperate virtual axes and a advanced kinematic to do the job, in your example you showed me how to do it with xyzb config.
To rotatet the tool towards the user I need to use an a axis instead of b.

Do you know, what exactly I need to change ?

Thank you !

More
10 Mar 2016 14:46 #71338 by andypugh

Andy,
I think switching the kinematics is a problem because of the axes drives, they will receive wrong parameters when switching between them.

Possibly not...

In the Joints_Axes branch of linuxCNC (which is intended to make special kinematics work better) the limits are joint-based.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JointAxesBranch so things should still work OK as far as travel limits go.

Having said that, I would be tempted to try creating a virtual machine (Vismach isn't that hard to get to grips with) and trying out configs on that. This would also allow you to trial it with the customer to see if they like it.
Once you have the virtual config all set up it is relatively easy to hook it up to the real hardware.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gui/vismach.html

It may be that re-mapping the tool change to run G43 in vertical mode, but to use G43.1 in horizontal would work.

IF (Vertical)
G43 H #<toolnum>
ELSE
G43 H #<toolnum>
#1 = #5401
#2 = #5402
#3 = #5403
G43.1 X#1 Y#3 Z#2
ENDIF

In an ideal world a reference tool would be created for a height-setting gauge which located the tip _exactly_ at the point of rotation of the head.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds