Add external Speed control potentiometer--HELP

More
27 Apr 2016 09:12 #73944 by Stone
Ok. I check status of all buttons. When the value ADC_value is 0-1500, all buttons work correctly. While ADC_value is more than 1500, I can´t choose another axis (axis X,Y,Z,A enable don´t work) or axis_scale (selects of mux4 don´t work). Present choose of axis and axis_scale is set, and i can use JOG wheel. I don´t have any idea, what it´s wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2016 09:19 #73945 by andypugh

Ok. I check status of all buttons. When the value ADC_value is 0-1500, all buttons work correctly. While ADC_value is more than 1500, I can´t choose another axis (axis X,Y,Z,A enable don´t work) or axis_scale (selects of mux4 don´t work). Present choose of axis and axis_scale is set, and i can use JOG wheel. I don´t have any idea, what it´s wrong.

This may be a problem with a multiplexer and pull-up wiring, ie something specific to your hardware.

More
01 May 2016 08:54 #74099 by Stone
OK. I fix all problems and it works very well. I can use external potentiometer to set spindle in manual mode and command M3 in CNC mode. Now I want ask you for help with different thing. Can I rework axis select on jog wheel ? Now I use one GPIO pin for one axis (axis X,Y,Z,A =>
4 button => 4 digital IN pin to beaglebone ). Can I use "mux component " for select axis ? (axis X,Y,Z,A => 4 button (I make combination of pin -00,01,10,11) => 2 digital IN pin to beaglebone ). Thanks.

More
01 May 2016 18:54 #74111 by andypugh

Can I rework axis select on jog wheel ? Now I use one GPIO pin for one axis (axis X,Y,Z,A =>
4 button => 4 digital IN pin to beaglebone ). Can I use "mux component " for select axis ? (axis X,Y,Z,A => 4 button (I make combination of pin -00,01,10,11) => 2 digital IN pin to beaglebone ). Thanks.

There are a few ways to do this. The most pin-efficient would be to use a single input on and the mutliclick component:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/multiclick.9.html

Or maybe
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/multiswitch.9.html

To use two pins you could indeed use a mux. It would need to be a 4-value unsigned-32 mux, created by mux_generic. You would populate the inputs with (binary) 0001, 0010, 0100, 1000 then pass the outputs to a "bitslice" hal component to convert the bits in the U32 into individual HAL pins.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/bitslice.9.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/mux_generic.9.html

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds