micro stepping issue

More
08 May 2016 11:40 #74369 by gaeldk
Replied by gaeldk on topic micro stepping issue

Have you checked that the scale is correct and that a g code move of say 10 results in a machine move of 10 units?

No I have not just seen that the axis is vibrating a lot again... So i will check if it is moving of the right distance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2016 11:42 #74370 by gaeldk

Are you absolutely sure that you are starting the new config and not the old config?

Absolutely sure, I deleted all the configs on this PC except the .stepconf and regenerated everything from this .stepconf...

More
08 May 2016 12:51 #74375 by geoffs
Replied by geoffs on topic micro stepping issue
Based on your previously posted stepconf configuration, a SCALE value of 320 is correct for all axes.

16 microsteps with a leadscrew pitch of 10 rev/mm for X and Y
8 microsteps with a leadscrew pitch of 5 rev/mm for Z
1.8° steppers, 200 steps/rev

More
08 May 2016 15:53 #74381 by gaeldk

Have you checked that the scale is correct and that a g code move of say 10 results in a machine move of 10 units?
Machine units can be inch or mm.

Hello Rick, now I just went back this evening to my workshop and it moves as expected i.e. 300mm for 300mm asked for example...

More
02 Jul 2016 20:17 #76926 by aleksamc
Replied by aleksamc on topic micro stepping issue
Hi, I had such problem on my new machine also.

The problem of mine was similar to yours - in stepconfig everything works excellent but in excecution program - terrible jerks.
How to fix them:
1. Look temperature of your processor in BIOS. My had 97! degrees because it was very old. I have changed thermal paste and movement become smoother. But jerks still was when I loaded files 3Mb and more.

2. The main problem was in my processor (or video card, I don't know), It have two cores (intel pentium 4 3GHz). I have changed computer to one processor celeron and everything work smoth and fine.

Don't look at good results of latency test, my processor don't suits needs of LPT-port. I also have good moves in stepconfig withard on Hi acceleration but in excecution of program - stalls of stepping motors.

More
02 Jul 2016 22:21 #76930 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic micro stepping issue
At what speeds in stepconf and axis do you get smooth and choppy movements, respectively?
IF and only if you are running belts, for sure the one on Z axis is loose.
On the other hand, if you are getting consistent results while measuring the distance, even though choppy, you have to set a much higher base period, or just change the computer, as mentioned here by Alexamc.
Are you getting the real time delay warnings ?
Regards

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds