the tool coordinate system of a 6 DOF robot

More
11 May 2016 12:43 #74502 by chuchengbing
Hello everyone.
Now, I model my robot with DH parameter and it seem to be right, but I have a question that I don't know how to set the tool coordinate system.
As I did, the origin of G54 is at the origin of the first joint of my robot and position and attitude in cartesian space which show by XYZABC when I run the linuxcnc, that is the sixth joint's position and attitude relative to the first joint‘s origin(also the G54 origin). Now when I install a tool, I want the position and attitude in cartesian space is the origin of tool(not the sixth joint). It seems that the command in Gcode, for instance G10 L2 Pn ... and the command touch off in linuxcnc is just to set the coordinate system of working, right? So how can I set the tool coordinate system which is handled just like the joint coordinate of robot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2016 13:59 #74512 by chuchengbing
Maybe you will think it is just not a question, but I am a starter, everything I don't know I want to figure out, if someone know the answers,please tell me. thank you

More
11 May 2016 20:14 - 12 May 2016 13:18 #74528 by andypugh

Now when I install a tool, I want the position and attitude in cartesian space is the origin of tool(not the sixth joint).

Some kinematics files have an input pin which takes the tool length value.

You probably need to link motion.tooloffset.z into your kinematics setup, possibly as an extra joint.
The DH parameters are pins of type I/O (for no good reason) so you may need to use the tristate_float HAL component to drive them from other HAL pins.
Last edit: 12 May 2016 13:18 by andypugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chuchengbing

More
12 May 2016 02:59 #74540 by chuchengbing
Hello andypugh, you are really a nice and warm-hearted person.
My kinematics module is just the genserkins and my tool is not vertical around Z axis and has some declination to xyz. It seems that this kinematics module does not have any other pins for tools. I don't understand your meaning, you really mean that I should treat the tool as another joint and configure it when set DH parameter?

More
12 May 2016 13:54 #74550 by andypugh

my tool is not vertical around Z axis and has some declination to xyz.

In this case that does not matter, the tool offset HAL pins only supply the values from the tool table, as far as I can tell. No matter what the kinematics is doing motion.tooloffset.z just supplies the Z column data from the tool table.

It seems that this kinematics module does not have any other pins for tools. I don't understand your meaning, you really mean that I should treat the tool as another joint and configure it when set DH parameter?

Yes, exactly that, treat the tool as an extra link with a variable length but fixed angular relationship to the previous joint.

More
12 May 2016 15:04 #74555 by chuchengbing
Thanks again, andypugh.
I seem to understand some about what you say, now, what I should do to deal with this question is to set the tool table correctly, using the command "G10 L1" and so on, right?
Thanks

More
12 May 2016 15:43 - 12 May 2016 15:44 #74556 by andypugh

what I should do to deal with this question is to set the tool table correctly, using the command "G10 L1" and so on, right?

You can also use the tool table editor.

With complex kinematics you probably can't use the tool touch-off buttons.
Last edit: 12 May 2016 15:44 by andypugh.

More
22 May 2016 14:33 #74949 by chuchengbing
Hello andypugh
Thank you very much. I am so grateful that you help a student new with Linuxcnc like me,
this question about the tool system is handled. I am not a intelligent boy and maybe there are some more questions to be asked by me.
thank you all.

More
09 Jun 2016 04:25 #75707 by chuchengbing
Sorry for disturbing you again!
It is also the tool question. I edit the tool lable following the manual. but in real movement, I found that the tool list in tool table just keep unchanging. because I use the genserkins, it just has 6 joint, when I set the tool table, I found that it didn't calculate using parameters in tool table and just made a subtraction and it is not correct, I don't know how to set the tool coordinate system which make the reference point to be the tip of tools. Thanks..

More
09 Jun 2016 12:26 #75719 by andypugh
Does motion.tooloffset.z change when you change tools? is that pin going into the kinematics?

Have you remembered that you need a G43 command to apply the tool offset from the tool table?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds