Sherline K120 Spindle control with CNC4PC C69

More
28 Jun 2016 21:12 #76764 by DaveDischord
I've just wired a CNC4PC C69 board using their diagram here . I need help on configuring the HAL to use it properly with LinuxCNC. Using various PWM examples to try, I get the same results. The Spindle Turns Off and Turns on at full speed, with no in-between and reading 0-10v on the C69 analog output. I've used this file , an example CNC4PC support had sent me as a guide (even though its for another product, but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2016 15:15 #76792 by andypugh
Are you saying that the analogue output varies between 0 and 10V as expected, but the spindle always runs at full speed?
If so, that is probably something misconfigured in the spindle drive. If i is a VFD is it set to get the speed from the analogue input, or from the front panel.

More
29 Jun 2016 15:19 #76793 by andypugh
I see now that it is a KBIC drive.

Maybe you need to adjust the min and max potentiometers?

Be very careful checking the analogue output voltage. The KBIC controllers pull P1 (or possiby P2, it's been a while) up to mains voltage.

More
29 Jun 2016 19:06 #76800 by DaveDischord
Actually, no, the analog doesn't vary in between. Its either ~0 and the spindle is completely off, or, when I toggle it on through LinuxCNC, its reads 10v and the spindle spins at full speed. So the HAL isn't setup correctly because there's no in between.

More
29 Jun 2016 19:58 #76801 by PCW
Is the C69 set for direction on pin one?

The example file outputs PWM on pin16 and you need to
jumper the C69 for direction on pin one to get PWM on pin 16

More
29 Jun 2016 21:37 #76806 by DaveDischord
OK, so I see the jumpers on the C69, Direction : Pin 1, 16. So you're telling me to have PWM on "Pin 16", the C69 Jumper needs to be set for "Pin 1"? Either way, I still tried it. Still the same results, but this time, rather than cutting completely off, it stays at a very slow spin. I should have done this from the get-go, but I've attached my HAL file.

File Attachment:

File Name: Sherline.hal
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds