How do I make spindle-enable work correctly ?

More
31 Dec 2016 13:55 #84957 by Jake
I have been getting closer on the Hurco. I can not get the spindle to run, I have to make the SSR 3 true to enable the spindle drive. When I hit the spindle foward/reverse in the UI it will not make it true. I have tried to go into the MDI and M05 to stop, and M03/M04 Sxxxx with no luck. I think I need to add some other links to tell it when M03/M04 is called for SSR03 should be called for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
#Spindle Forward Run 1 SSR 3
net Spindle-enable motion.spindle-on => ppmc.0.dout.03.out
# set up 4th DAC generator as a spindle speed control
newsig spindle-speed float
newsig spindle-DAC-cmd float
newsig spindle-DAC-filt float
newsig spindle-DAC-abs float
net spindle-speed  motion.spindle-speed-out  mult2.1.in0
setp   mult2.1.in1 0.002457
net spindle-DAC-cmd  mult2.1.out lowpass.0.in
net spindle-DAC-filt lowpass.0.out => abs.0.in
setp lowpass.0.gain 0.005
net spindle-DAC-abs abs.0.out  ppmc.0.DAC.03.value
setp ppmc.0.encoder.03.scale 5000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2017 02:22 #84991 by andypugh
Not knowing your machine, I can only guess.

If you use halmeter to look at the Spindle-enable signal, does it behave as expected?

More
01 Jan 2017 05:50 #84997 by Jake
Analog spindle drive, with Pico PPMC hardware.

Jon said the spindle won't start with a zero speed value. I have to have a contact close to enable the spindle drive. Watching the spindle enable signal and the PPMC out 03 they stay false. Even if I MDI M03 s100 or something similar. I don't have a forward or reverse command, it's all handled via the analog input 0-10v for speed and direction. Which is handled by the PPMC DAC card. I was going to add the spindle forward and reverse in there so if spindle forward, reverse, or on is true it will make the output true.

I never made it out there to try it this afternoon.

Thanks again!

More
02 Jan 2017 16:17 - 02 Jan 2017 16:20 #85085 by Jake
I tried swapping from spindle-on, to spindle-foward and still nothing. I am not able to get my 03 SSR to come alive to allow the spindle drive to run. I do not get any error messages when you attempt to run it either.

Any other ideas?

With the Pico gear I have the DAC card to give the spindle drive velocity and direction there. I just have to close a contact to enable the servo drive.

Thanks!

Oh yeah my MDI commands are able to change the states of the GUI pins so that portion is actually working.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2017 16:20 by Jake.

More
02 Jan 2017 16:48 #85087 by andypugh
What do you see if you watch the Spindle-enable signal with Halmeter?

More
02 Jan 2017 16:53 #85089 by Jake
It stays false no matter what I do

I just came to the realization that there is no tool loaded shown in the GUI. Could this not allow a spindle move at all? (There is a tool in the machine) I cant see where the tool table is loaded and can not load it. I had tried with spindle-on and spindle-foward and watched them in the hal meters. they never come true

More
02 Jan 2017 17:00 #85090 by andypugh

It stays false no matter what I do

That's curious.

In the MDI window, if you issue:
M3 S10
Then you should see motion.spindle-on go true and your Spindle-enable signal should follow it.

More
02 Jan 2017 17:08 #85092 by Jake
curious is not exactly the word I have for it at the moment.....

Yeah I just tried it again

M3 S10, my GUI button pops down, I have tried with spindle-foward, and spindle-on both will not come true. I am at the machine now. I have tried all three, I do have the first two # out right now. The last one I copied right from linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spindle.html#_spindle_direction

Or is there somewhere else that needs to link the two actions? I would think if it was something like the "no tool" condition I would get an error message. I am pretty lost right now.
#Spindle Forward Run 1 SSR 3
#net Spindle-enable motion.spindle-on => ppmc.0.dout.03.out
#net SpindleFwd <= motion.spindle-forward ppmc.0.dout.03.out
net spindle-fwd motion.spindle-forward => ppmc.0.dout.03.out

More
02 Jan 2017 17:27 #85095 by andypugh
Does anything happen to the other motion.spindle... pins? Can you see 10rpm for example?

You don't need a tool loaded to operate the spindle. I don't think you even need to be homed.

More
02 Jan 2017 17:41 #85099 by Jake
I can not get the RPM's going, rope pull cord on the spindle does not register significant movement. spindle-revs changes, but stays a very small value. Looks like I need to double check the spindle encoder connection. I thought that one might be a challenge as its powered from the spindle drive not the encoder card like the rest of them are. But I wonder if its not working as I do not have a spindle on available.

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds