Building Master

More
13 Feb 2017 16:53 #87918 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Building Master
I have installed rtai 32 kernel on 64 bit linux, it will panic at start and won't go any further. So i installed uspace or preempt-rt and it worked, still is have on one of my laptops.
Last few days i installed Linux Mint on some computes, had it already on a usb stick. When i did the usb imstall it took me over 4 hours to figure out everything, now there is a very nice tutorial on this forum, with detailed info and for several versions. Did you check that thread as it should apply to debian easily?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 05:53 #87942 by Reinhard
Replied by Reinhard on topic Building Master

I have installed rtai 32 kernel on 64 bit linux, it will panic at start and won't go any further. So i installed uspace or preempt-rt and it worked, still is have on one of my laptops.

Oups - that's poor :(
_

Last few days i installed Linux Mint on some computes, had it already on a usb stick. When i did the usb imstall it took me over 4 hours to figure out everything, now there is a very nice tutorial on this forum, with detailed info and for several versions. Did you check that thread as it should apply to debian easily?

Well, afaik mint is ubuntu and ubuntu is no option for me.

Anyway - shouldn't that information go into wiki or official documentation at github? Forum-Thread will rapidly go lost and forgotten ...
You spent a lot of time documenting all steps for sure - would be poor, if your work disappears in /dev/somewhere ...
... and I think, master is the first place to search for. Wiki only mentions debian etch and debian lenny - so pretty outdated :(

Can you please gimme a link to your work? There are several threads about mint

More
14 Feb 2017 07:17 #87943 by Reinhard
just for the sake of feedback:
I tried the kernel from SK as recommended by cncnoob1979 ...
... and yes - the 64bit kernel trapped at reboot without possibility of recovery.

Next try will be an i386 installation :ohmy:

More
14 Feb 2017 09:37 #87947 by Reinhard
OK, build on i386 with kernel, headers and modules 3.18 from highlabs fails the same way, as my initial try.
But VM does not crash with this kernel :)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds