multi-axis (angular/linear) joint following error - single axis ok

More
03 Apr 2017 14:44 #90801 by cts1085
So - i am adding a 4th axis to my lathe/mill. when i test the x & z axis (linear) both separately and together i do not get any joint following errors (steppers using mesa 7i76).
I added a rotational axis and it tests fine in isolation and when i am doing slow moves (G1 B10 X200 Z150 F100) i do not get following errors - but with rabids or faster moves (G1 B10 X200 Z150 F1500) i am getting joint following errors on the linear axis (sometimes X sometimes z).
It does not seem to respect the max velocity settings in either axis or traj sections when doing a move combined with angular and linear.

I am running LinuxCNC 2.7.8

I have read that running halscope should identify the issue but i don't know what to look at.
Any suggestions?

File Attachment:

File Name: XZABKins.t...04-03.gz
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 01:16 #91065 by tommylight
Sorry for the late reply.
I know that rotational axis do not comply to same rules as XYZ axis do, also UVW have their own rules to a certain degree, but i can not recal how or why.
There is another thread in this forum about the same topic, but i gues you must have already seen it by now.

More
11 Apr 2017 11:53 #91177 by cts1085
Yes- it was 5axiskins related - so i am utilizing the W axis to store the TLO - after a tool change a G0 W0 will then have the TP run through the kins changes needed to "implement" the proper TLO and related other axis changes.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds