Trilateration function compatible with LinuxCNC

More
17 Jul 2017 16:09 #95917 by jstoquica
Hi community,

After successfully implementation in ASEA 5 DOF robot with LinuxCNC, It is necessary to translate Matlab function (trilateration.m) to LinuxCNC compatible function kinematics (*.cpp/*.c). The idea is use in delta robot to additive manufacturing concept.

I am attaching *.m file if someone has LinuxCNC compatible file to implement delta kinematics robot (inverse and forward) into linuxcnc controller.

Attached file is in *.c because forum allowed extension doesn't have compatibility with *.m files.

Regards.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 11:42 #95968 by andypugh
I don't know if many people will be able to use a Matlab file. Do you know if the same code works with Octave?

More
20 Jul 2017 18:53 #96164 by Hobietime
Would you like to translate it yourself? I have a current kinematics file set up for a tetrapod. It's not been thoroughly tested yet (just simulated with machvis.py) and is a bit different from a delta config. But if you need an example I would be happy to share.

More
25 Jul 2017 02:55 - 25 Jul 2017 02:58 #96373 by jstoquica
Hi Andy,

I have new delta kinematics function in Matlab, but I will use LinuxCNC because is an Manufacturing Application (step-nc additive manufacturing).

Therefore I need to translate Matlab code to C/C++ (linuxcnc compatible) functions. One of that function is Trilateration, used in forward kinematics.

Matlab has tool code translation but I don't know if It can affect some delta kinematics variables.

What is Octave?

I appreciate community help.

Regards.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 02:58 by jstoquica.

More
25 Jul 2017 09:50 - 25 Jul 2017 09:52 #96378 by andypugh

I have new delta kinematics function in Matlab, but I will use LinuxCNC because is an Manufacturing Application (step-nc additive manufacturing).

Do you have a working step-nc interpreter for LinuxCNC?

Matlab has tool code translation but I don't know if It can affect some delta kinematics variables.

I am not sure what you are asking here. Is there any reason to believe that the Matlab-generated C-code will work better than the already-included delta kinematics modules? lineardetakins has a manual page here: linuxcnc.org/docs/ja/html/man/man9/lineardeltakins.9.html
I can't find a manual page for rotarydeltakins, but it exists (it is mentioned here: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/kins.9.html ) , the sourcecode is here: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/src/emc/kinematics

What is Octave? .

Octave is a Matlab-compatible programming language which is open-source and free.
www.gnu.org/software/octave/
Google searching turns up trilateration code described as Matlab/Octave.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2017 09:52 by andypugh.

More
01 Aug 2017 18:08 #96848 by jstoquica
Hi Andy,

Do you have a working step-nc interpreter for LinuxCNC?

I still do not have it, but there are several research groups working to development.

I am not sure what you are asking here. Is there any reason to believe that the Matlab-generated C-code will work better than the already-included delta kinematics modules? lineardetakins has a manual page here:

I am testing with lineardeltakins file and our delta robot parameters. Does LinuxCNC version has a vismach simulation? We are doing a delta configuration one to test with LinuxCNC in offline and online mode.

When we have more results I will show to LinuxCNC community. We are using LinuxCNC do read G-code program generated with step-nc postprocessor.

Regards.

More
01 Aug 2017 18:20 #96849 by andypugh

I am testing with lineardeltakins file and our delta robot parameters. Does LinuxCNC version has a vismach simulation? .

No, and I don't know how hard it would be to create one.
There is a hexapod simulation, so it probably isn't impossible.

More
01 Aug 2017 18:26 - 01 Aug 2017 18:33 #96850 by dgarrett

I am testing with lineardeltakins file and our delta robot parameters.
Does LinuxCNC version has a vismach simulation?

In the master branch (2.8~pre) available from the buildbot or as a RIP build,
there are demo configs with vismach visualizations for both
linear delta and rotary delta kinematics machines:

configs/sim/axis/ldelta.ini
configs/sim/axis/ldelta_demo.ini
configs/sim/axis/rdelta.ini

These configs were used extensively for testing jogging and coordinated motion
in making joints-axes updates to the master branch.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2017 18:33 by dgarrett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jstoquica

More
01 Aug 2017 18:45 #96853 by andypugh
Doh! I forgot that I had dropped back to 2.7 in an attempt to reproduce an (incorrectly described!) alleged bug with the spindle-speed buttons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jstoquica

More
01 Aug 2017 20:22 #96859 by jstoquica
Hi,

andypugh and dgarrett,

Thanks for your answers. When we have results about delta configuration with step-nc approaches, I will notify to LinuxCNC community.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds