5 axis kinematics setup

More
14 Nov 2017 23:28 #101808 by agsarg
Replied by agsarg on topic 5 axis kinematics setup
Ok just tested that and the module seems to be the problem as i can load any compiled modules from default linuxcnc but when i try to load it there s a msg error and i have to reboot to load anotherone. How do you recommend to save and pass the file to build? i think that might be the problem ive been saving it as a c source code with codeblocks from a windows pc and passing the source file to my linux pc. i can t think of other possibilities.
Just to be clear with your reply, when you call { loadrt etckins } do you call an argument on that line if the module is connected by pins from the hal? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 00:47 - 15 Nov 2017 00:47 #101812 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 5 axis kinematics setup
Many kinematics modules do not create any HAL pins.
All kinematics modules export a set functions with the same names, and that is how the motion module accesses them.

That's what this bit of code does:
EXPORT_SYMBOL(kinematicsType);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(kinematicsInverse);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(kinematicsForward);
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 00:47 by andypugh.

More
18 Nov 2017 15:39 #101977 by agsarg
Replied by agsarg on topic 5 axis kinematics setup
Hello, i ve been a little busy these days so i tried rebooting the pc to clean up the memory and re running a standard lcnc config. then i re installed the module and declaring it on the config files, and it looks like it works. So now i am trying to run the vismach simulation to visualize the difference in motion. Thanks for your help. I still have a little question. If my kinematics module creates hal pins do i have to declare them in the ini file?

More
18 Nov 2017 16:01 #101978 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 5 axis kinematics setup

If my kinematics module creates hal pins do i have to declare them in the ini file?

No, but you might want to set them to values of link them to nets in the HAL file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agsarg

More
25 Jan 2018 16:26 - 27 Jan 2018 16:04 #105007 by 3D-Master
Replied by 3D-Master on topic 5 axis kinematics setup
any news?

Edit: just noticed i replied to the wrong post lol
Last edit: 27 Jan 2018 16:04 by 3D-Master.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds