Omron MX2 (Hitachi WJ200?) over Modbus

More
26 Feb 2018 19:18 #106551 by ahhkoch
Hi all,

my first post because i am totally stuck. I am using linuxcnc for years now, but only with absolute basic functionalities with axis gui. In the past weeks i started to do more configurations and "exploration" on advanced topics. i switched to gmoccapy and implemented "automated tool length sensor" successfully. Now i am working on the connection between my VFD and linuxcnc over modbus (rs485).
i did a lot of "research" and tried a lot of things. I found the integrated HAL-driver wj200_vfd, i belive my omron mx2 and hitachi wj200 are the same vfds. i ordered 2 RS485 adapters for my pc. one usb<->RS485, and one RS232-RS485. i tried a lot of different hal-entries. but whatever i try, it ends up with the attached screen.

Can someone give me a hint how to track this error? How can i test the rs485 adapter? how can i check i data is "flowing" thru the 2 lines between adapter and vfd?

greetings

Andreas
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2018 16:13 #106814 by andypugh
Is the driver finding the dongle?

I think we need a bit more data. If you press the "Select all" button in the dialog box then you can copy to the clipboard with Ctrl-C and paste into this forum or a text-document with Ctrl-V.

Then we might be able to better see what is wrong.

More
15 Mar 2018 20:43 #107397 by ahhkoch
Hi,

i got it working after starting from the beginning again. Finally it was ...a big shame.....serialport in bios was disabled.
But at all, i didnt get the wj200-driver to work with the usb-rs485 dongle. But with the rs232-rs485 adapter it works fine now! i am happy and now i fight with the next topics (hal configuration). i open another thread for this.
Thx for your reply, although it was my stupidity.

greetings

andreas

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds