Getting 7i76e to recognize lower field input voltages

More
25 Mar 2018 13:20 #107811 by blazini36
I'm using a 7i76e with a field I/O power supply of 12v. I have a BLDC motor that uses hall sensors and I need the hall sensor outputs to trigger 3 field inputs on the 7i76e. I have no info on this motor but the standard hall sensor reference voltage is 5V, So I'm supplying it with 5v. the hall sensor outputs are coming out at around 3.6v which is not enough to bring the Mesa boards inputs high. I'm trying to figure out what the simplest approach is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2018 15:28 #107818 by PCW
The easiest option is to use 5V field power

Another option is to use one of the expansion ports (3.3V I/O)
If you use one of the expansion ports, I would use a protective daughtercard (like the 7I75)
or 470 Ohm series resistors to protect the FPGA I/O input from ground bumping overcurrents

More
25 Mar 2018 15:53 #107824 by blazini36
I've got 7-35v inductive proximity switches on all of my limits so 5v field power would be an issue. Against my better judgment I used 12v field power to power the hall reference circuit of the motor, now the hall sensor outputs are @ 8.25v. Seems to be handling it just fine and the 7i76e is picking it up. Gonna leave it powered up for a while and check for hot stuff on the motors hall board.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds