Z axis limits in combination with A axis on spindle

More
27 May 2018 19:33 - 27 May 2018 21:12 #111195 by Marcodi
Hello Everyone,

First of al thanks already for all help received, specially to PCW by fixing the mesa software on such short notice.

We encountered a new problem, Linuxcnc refuses to run a gcode that will drive him so called in its limits but it is not taking into account the movements of the A axis (on the spindle ) so that it actually doesnt hit bottom. I added screenshot of axis showing the movements he predicts but are not actually correct. All moves are on the exact same height in reality when we click run anyway. ( Added gcode, ini and hal file + screenshot. )

question 1: in axis the movements seem to be all on different heights, while actually because of the spindle turning, they are all at exactly the same height performed. How can we fix this in the screen?

question 2: How to set this in ini and hal file that movements of A axis allow the machine to go lower in Z movement because of tip of spindle being at another angle . For example, spindle being at 90 degrees ( A90) the machine is allowed to go 150mm deeper than when A is set to 0 ( same as fixed spindle on Z axis )

This gcode is generated by a postprocessor out of Solidcam that we made ourselves for mach3. It doenst use different indexed coordinate systems G68 or G69 cause mach 3 didnt support this. I guess that linuxcnc is supporting these commands? Nevertheless, i have no idea how to adapt this postprocessor to using G68 and G69 instead of recalculating Z movements in combination with A movements. ( This postpro was written for me and worked perfectly in mach3, seems to do the job perfectly aswell in linuxcnc but with the accompanied error codes and it really doesn't want to run at all when we probe for Z height on a correct height, close to the table bed. So Run Anyway is really not an option, we need a permanent solution.)

Hope someone understands what i mean and has encountered similar problem.

thanks in advance
Stephane
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 May 2018 21:12 by Marcodi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2018 16:11 #111269 by andypugh
Is your kinematics an example of where the Axis and Joint limits need to be different?

More
29 May 2018 16:33 #111270 by Marcodi
Hi Andy,

As far as i know not. The A axis is a rotary on the Spindle. ( My spindle can move left 90 degrees and right 90 degrees continously if needed ) Imagening it is used to make doors , first we do the top milling of the door than spindle turns 90 degrees left or right to make the incisions for lock or hinges.

Regards,
Stephane

More
29 May 2018 17:28 #111274 by andypugh
Are you actually using 5-axis kinematics at all?

More
29 May 2018 17:32 #111275 by Marcodi
no, trivial kinematics

More
29 May 2018 19:08 #111279 by andypugh
Is it possible that the envelope actually is bigger than the INI file says?

In the picture the tool is already at maximum Z.

More
29 May 2018 19:28 #111281 by Marcodi
that is indeed the manifestation of the problem, The envelope is indeed bigger than the ini states but doesnt matter how big i set the ini file , if i do a correct touch-off than the minimum limit will kick-in and will refuse to actually run

More
29 May 2018 19:33 #111283 by andypugh
The error seems to be maximum limit.

Is there any possibility that you have a rogue offset in the tool table?

More
29 May 2018 19:40 #111284 by Marcodi
after i set the entire linux.var to 0 i get a maximum error, if i do a tool touchoff i will get a minimum error.

Tool table has never been opened yet, this is a complete fresh linuxcnc install and i have never looked inside of the tool table. I will do so tomorrow, but i guess if i never worked in it, it should not contain any values yet.

More
02 Jun 2018 20:28 #111468 by andypugh
Do you see the same problem with any of the simulator configs?

I would offer to have a play with your config, but I suspect it would not run without your hardware?

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds