Drive settings for position control with closed loop feedback

More
20 Jun 2018 22:13 #112670 by Lcvette
Hey all,

I'm just getting my feet wet with servo tuning the PID and had some fantastic help the other day from PCW and Andypugh, but my drives I believe may have some settings that are making tuning a bit tricky. Likely some filters of sorts but I'm not certain exactly what's what and the manual doesn't go into detail with explanations deep enough for me to confidentlty make setting changes. If anyone has a spare few moments to maybe glance through, the settings are all at the very end of the drive manual attached, and I've attached a copy of my drive sheet as well.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2018 20:41 #112739 by Lcvette
I made this from the manual for the position control diagram. I think the best course fo action is to use a channel in halscope to watch what the servo is doing while in open loop mode and try and use halscope to tune the drive as best I can and then go back and see what things look like when i try for closed loop in linuxcnc. but im curious if you guys could help me decipher what might be the PID knobs on this control loop?

Attachments:

More
22 Jun 2018 17:59 #112778 by Lcvette
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds