air blast Gcode

More
09 Jul 2018 21:51 - 09 Jul 2018 21:53 #113896 by blazini36
air blast Gcode was created by blazini36
I run Gmoccapy on my mill and I've just got the touch plate probe all setup. I noticed I tend to get chips sitting on top of the touchplate which I'm sure would interfere with the measurement. I figured the mist coolant would just blow them off. Now I realize the mist coolant tends to form droplets on the touchplate which would also likely ruin the measurement.

I thinking of adding an air blast solenoid, but looking at the LinuxCNC docs there is no specific air blast M code. I see it's usually and M17 on some controllers. Looking at the docs, it looks like M62/M63 will be able to handle this, but I'm not 100% sure I understand how it works from the docs.
The actual change of the specified outputs will happen at the beginning of the next motion command. If there is no subsequent motion command, the queued output changes won’t happen. It’s best to always program a motion G code (G0, G1, etc) right after the M62/63.

I'm guessing that also applies to an M6? It looks like I'd need to link "motion.digital-out-00" to the Mesa card output in HAL. In the program I'm guessing I would run "M62 P00" before the M6 and "M63 P00" after. I'm wondering if this is correct or there is another way to do this.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2018 21:53 by blazini36.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 13:33 #113944 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic air blast Gcode
I use the m101 m102 to open/close my air actuated collet closer on the lathe. Maybe this will help:

lathe collet closer m code

More
10 Jul 2018 17:50 #113959 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic air blast Gcode
Just use one of the coolant controls.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/m-code.html#mcode:m7-m8-m9

JT

More
12 Jul 2018 12:28 #114051 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic air blast Gcode
I use mist to turn the work light on and off. (because it has a handy GUI button too)

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds