Gantry Machine with Rotary on Table ( A axis )

More
10 Sep 2018 18:57 - 10 Sep 2018 21:24 #117306 by Marcodi
hello,

I am setting up a gantry machine with a rotary on the table bed. Please have a look at the attached picture to understand the setup.

So my problems are:
How do i choose the kinematics here, is this normal trivkins ( i believe it is ) or do i have to use the xyzac-trt and xyzbc-trt.?

I am going to do the vismach model of this as well, just figuring that one out, i will post the vismach model later. I have the working setup already for XYZ , i just need to add the A axis and getting it too boot :).

I am also making the postprocessor for it in Camworks, i will share that one too once it is finished.

In the meantime i have completed the vismach model for XYZA machine.

If someone is using a similar machine he is welcome to use the code i created so far. I will upload it here aswell. If you want to use it you will have to change to your own machine parts and make the alignment work again.

It would be nice if somone more proficient than me has a look at the code and tells me if there are issues so that someone else doesnt use it with errors from the start. The code is for an XYZAB machine with rotating A en B both around the Y axis. A is mounted on the spindle, B is mounted on the table.

Thanks for some swift help and check.
I have seen that andypugh created vismach for XYZAB with toolchanger. That looked great!

Stephane
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Sep 2018 21:24 by Marcodi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2018 14:57 #117342 by andypugh
You can probably use trivkins.
What actually matters is what your CAM system outputs. ie whether that gives you trivkins G-code or TRT G-code.

More
14 Sep 2018 22:01 #117559 by Marcodi
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your answer, I am trying now with trivkins, you have probably seen my post for the camworks postprocessor.

I do want to ask what do you mean TRT gcode?

Regards, Stephane

More
14 Sep 2018 22:09 #117561 by andypugh
The G code can either specify joint positions or the XYZAB position of the tool tip.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds