Gearchange component with gear 1 as high gear

More
28 Oct 2018 22:47 - 28 Oct 2018 22:48 #119576 by blazini36
I had a chance to add the spindle index today. I Used an NPN proximity switch and stuck a 6mm grease fitting in the spindle ring set screw hole to trigger it. I removed the PhaseZ encoder wires from the index-input of the 7i76e and stuck the output wire from the proximity switch into index-.

I ran a program with 3 g33.1 moves. It ran OK but the Z axis stepper had some slight jerk to it. I assume this has to do with the motors encoder and the spindle index running slightly out of sync and the stepper position trying to correct for it. I reduced the Z max-acceleration from 15 to 10 and it smoothed out with only only a slight audible jerk. It runs smoother the faster I run the spindle as well

I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to make the cycle more tolerant to running out of sync. There must be some level of error correction that I can adjust to make the move less sensitive. I'm just not sure what all is effected by a spindle synchronized move.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 22:48 by blazini36.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 00:31 #119579 by andypugh
I think that your assumption that the jerk is due to the Z being from somewhere else might be wrong. It seems likely that you would see the same thing even if the index was on the same encoder as the A and B.

More
29 Oct 2018 03:57 #119583 by blazini36
That was actually my bonehead mistake. I haven’t used the mill in a few and I forgot to hit the low gear button on the GUI after swapping belts. Much smoother now regardless of the acceleration settings.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds