Checking if Z axis is homed

More
06 Jan 2019 06:52 #123584 by eriksalo
Hi All;

I finally got my 20 position tool changer working. N=17 inputs and N=13 outputs. Used the vismach tool changer sample config as a guide.

I'm stuck on a finish question, how do I verify that the Z axis has been homed before starting the tool change procedure.

Tried mapping a "motion.digital-in-XX" pin to "halui.joint.2.is-homed" but got an error.

What's the right way to do this?

Thanks;

Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2019 07:35 #123585 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Checking if Z axis is homed
What was the error?

More
06 Jan 2019 20:50 #123636 by andypugh

Tried mapping a "motion.digital-in-XX" pin to "halui.joint.2.is-homed" but got an error.

What's the right way to do this?

I think that is the right way to do it. As Chris asked, what was the error?

More
07 Jan 2019 01:55 #123663 by eriksalo
Hi Guys;

The error was a failure on loading LinuxCNC. The debug log mentioned halui.joint.2.is-homed as the offending line, I think the error was "not recognized." I solved the problem.... It looks like I had commented out the .ini file line:

HALUI = halui

I was trying to get my tool changer remap to work and the .ngc file wasn't getting called. I didn't know why so for debug I commented out everything I didn't for sure know what it did in the .ini file including HALUI=halui.

The root cause of my original problem was that I didn't have tool-prep-loop command in my .hal file. After getting my .ngc program running, I un-commented all the .ini file stuff, and the halui.joint.2.is-homed loaded without error and works just fine!

Really happy to have gotten the tool changer finished. It was much more difficult than the milling machine itself. Now that I've done the tool changer, I will add a an M3 remap for my two speed gearbox!

More
07 Jan 2019 10:19 #123682 by andypugh

Really happy to have gotten the tool changer finished. It was much more difficult than the milling machine itself.

This is often the case. All milling machines are controlled in much the same way, but the same is not true of toolchangers.

More
07 Jan 2019 10:38 #123686 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Checking if Z axis is homed
The Halui pin is a Output and indicates a state not connect able to a in

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds