Step/Dir with following error setup

More
13 Feb 2019 21:27 #126389 by andypugh

Just for the sake of curiosity, could one build a controller solely on a HAL file, leaving INI out? .

Yes, it is perfectly possible to have a HAL-only system. I make them for testing very frequently. You can even load a custom Glade (or similar) GUI directly from a HAL file.

And I actually prefer to keep my constants in the HAL file, but that's just a personal preference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2019 18:52 #126828 by fungus
Thanks Andy, that may become more useful as I dig deeper into HAL.

Sadly, this project is on halt for right now. The DG4S drives I have been using are just not right for this situation. I have fiddled with them for far too long, and it's time to move on. I am in the process of procuring some DMM PMAC servos/controllers and will be utilizing higher torque servos directly coupled to the ballscrews rather than the original belt reduction/DC servo setup.

The DYN4 drives will accept Step/Dir commands, so I can utilize the current 7i85S. I may end up closing the position loop in LinuxCNC now (I converted my Nardini Fast Trace lathe so that DMM drives were closing a velocity loop and LinuxCNC is closing the position loop).

I hate to leave a thread unfinished, but if anyone else with the same question stumbles on this, Todd provided some great examples.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds