Servo tuning issues (Velocity mode driven from 7i77)

More
12 May 2019 20:03 #133594 by adamj12b
I'm on my phone so just a quick reply, but I think you want your output scale of -10 for full torque and -10 for minimum and 10 for Max. Look back at my screenshot.

As for inertia, I would say it's low. You have a 4:1 belt and 5tpi screw?

I had a spreadsheet I put together to calculate inertia, I will see if I can find it.

Also, the drive knows the current/voltage through the motor and the resistance of the windings. With these, they can calculate power loss as heat. I've never seen the thermal shutdown. Is everything hot or does it run cool? If it's hot, the motor could be too small for the axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 21:05 - 12 May 2019 21:10 #133602 by PCW
When all the other tuning is done you can add some I term to remove the static error
(and you may be able to add enough to remove a significant amount of the motors torque ripple)

Beware that too much I term will cause instability with _large_ oscillations so reduce your following
error limits to something reasonable before playing with it. That said, it is good to find out how much is too much...

Edit: Also for torque mode drives you may be able to increase the servo thread rate to
2 or 4 KHz to get better performance (higher stable P and D terms )
Last edit: 12 May 2019 21:10 by PCW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds