Linuxcnc run step by step from line

More
02 May 2019 07:21 #132494 by thang
I see linuxcnc can run step by step and also run from line but everytime i set run from line if i run step by step, program restart at line 0. Is it possible to make linuxcnc run step by step from line X?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2019 10:53 #132511 by BigJohnT
In Axis you right click on the line and select "Run from here".

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheng

More
05 May 2019 01:50 #132794 by tommylight
First left click on the line to select, then right click and "run from here".
If the first line is already selected ( as when opening a file ) you can right click at any line under but it will still run from the beginning.

More
12 Apr 2020 15:50 #163777 by clunc
I've done this. However, it was the result of a crash and I was trying to skip the part of the program that had been cut.

That required me to insert a few lines before the point I wanted to resume, and then resume instead on the first inserted line.

I had lost my zero, so I had to pull out and re-home, reset the part's zero.

That means that the first inserted line is a move to a safe spot above the XY you wish to resume.
If the feedrate isn't included in the line you want to resume, set it. F
The next line is to turn on the spindle. I--almost--forgot that one when I went to resume. M3.
And the last one is an M0, pause, are you sure you've thought of everything?
(If the line I'm resuming at is a rapid, G0, I'll change that to a G1 F#<notsofast> to see if I was on the right track. You could even do that for a few lines and then put in another F to get back to normal.)

More
13 Apr 2020 03:04 #163836 by thang
In my way, i created new function to do this by combine 2 main functions in python code:
1. Set new restart line (i found this function in vcp_toggleaction_run) so program will always restart at this line (default start line is line 0)
2. Run step by step.

More
13 Apr 2020 19:42 #163896 by clunc
> 2. Run step by step.

Oh, no, not with 1,000,000+ lines left I won't... ;^) I've got to have some way of telling it, "Okay, looks good, you take over from here."

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds