Python probing script question

More
17 May 2019 16:32 #134062 by 3D-Master
Hello,

this is probably a bit overkill (and unfortunately i dont have a clue about python) but does anyone know if it is possible to pass values (x,y,z probing positions, tool diameter, parameters) to a python script, which then generates circles, for example 4 circles, with the probe diameter at the probing positions to then calculate another circle which intersects with the circumference of those 4 circles to calculate an X, Y position and diameter and then pass it to parameters for Linuxcnc to read? I have made a quick drawing to make it more clear of what i try to describe. This is, what i believe, what professional industry CNC controllers do. At least Heidenhain. Of course all those circles are only imagined, they dont have to be displayed somewhere.

in "linuxcnc.stat attributes" there is:

tool_table
(returns tuple of tool_results) - list of tool entries. Each entry is a sequence of the following fields: id, xoffset, yoffset, zoffset, aoffset, boffset, coffset, uoffset, voffset, woffset, diameter, frontangle, backangle, orientation. The id and orientation are integers and the rest are floats.

and:

probed_position
(returns tuple of floats) - position where probe tripped.

could these be used for this purpose?

the purpose if this question is to always correctly calculate the centerpoint and diameter/radius of a hole, pin, section of a hole/pin. The second drawing shows a contour of a imagined Part which you have to probe the center of.

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2019 16:53 #134069 by pl7i92
you can access all #vars from python
also ini vars
so all linuxccn-poll is in your python

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/overview.html#sec:parameters

More
17 May 2019 17:29 #134078 by 3D-Master
sounds good, thank you

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds