Maho mh600c manual b axis

More
20 Jun 2019 22:45 #137430 by Mccartymachine1
I converted a 1987 mh600c to linuxcnc. A basic configuration with a Mesa 5i25 and 7i77. I used Chinese (Sino brand) 1um linear scales to replace the Philips open scales. I have a hard wired mpg.
The next feature I want to get working is the encoder on the manual B-axis. It is a heidenhain rod 271. I have no clue where to start. I want to use linuxcnc for a rotary DRO on the manual B-axis without a servo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2019 16:07 #137594 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Maho mh600c manual b axis
the heidenhein encoders are resolver there are trunslaters on the market to get a clear ttl count

or you simply remove the heidenhain and get a low cost standard encoder placed

More
23 Jun 2019 00:58 #137625 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Maho mh600c manual b axis

the heidenhein encoders are resolver there are trunslaters on the market to get a clear ttl count

or you simply remove the heidenhain and get a low cost standard encoder placed

www.heidenhain.com/fileadmin/pdb/media/i...Integral_Bearing.pdf
(Page 49) Says that the ROD270 series are standard TTL quadrature.

So should connect direct to a 7i77, I would have thought.

More
23 Jun 2019 16:52 #137659 by Mccartymachine1
With enough playing around, I think I can figure out the physical connection to the 7i77. My main concern is how to set up the configuration to display the angle with some sort of ability to zero and not have it linked to an axis servo output? Or to be linked with a manual prompt (like a manual tool change, mid program).

More
23 Jun 2019 17:25 #137662 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Maho mh600c manual b axis
I have a manual B axis on my Harrision. It is very manual, I need to loosen bolts and read a protractor scale.

But, my idea has been to configure as if there is a real axis then jog that axis to a position to match the physical reality.

In HAL you just need to make a direct connection between command and feedback:
net B-loopback joint.4.motor-pos-cmd => joint.4.motor-pos-fb

If you want to make the actual motion of the axis drive the computer's version of reality then I think I have just thought of a dodge:

Configure the B-axis encoder as both the B-axis feedback device _and_ the B-axis jogwheel. Then physical moves of B will look like b-jog commands and the system will be happy that it is moving.

The drawback is that this probably won't work while G-code is executing.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds