keyboard mapping

More
31 Jul 2019 19:52 #141034 by GM2012
keyboard mapping was created by GM2012
Couldn't find anything related on this forum. Not sure if this would be something simple to do or not. For those who knows .. maybe, not me. What I'd like to do is assign a function to a keyboard button that is not in shortcut list. For example I'd like my Z-axis move up with a given speed by pressing one (free, not used) button. Running machine with stepper motors and Gecko drive. Any help, suggestion, anything would be appreciated. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2019 22:12 #141055 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic keyboard mapping
Which GUI are you using? Keyboard input is captured by the GUI, so that is where your new stuff has to happen.
The Axis interface supports extra features through the .axisrc file. But you would need to know Python and be able to make sense of axis.py to figure out what to add.

But then, page-up does what you describe in Axis....

More
01 Aug 2019 00:46 #141058 by GM2012
Replied by GM2012 on topic keyboard mapping
GUI is Axis 2.7.14. Yes that would be easy to do "page-up" but my question was not complete. I need extremely slow speed going down and I can manage 0.005mm no problem. And I need fast speed going up. Now that I've double checked keyboard shortcuts I see that if I previously set increment to 0.005mm and jog speed to (say) 500 mm/min then I can achieve slow increment down by pressing I+PgDwn and fast up by pressing C+PgUp.
I wish I have time (and maybe energy) to get into Pyton but my son in law is Pyton expert ... so maybe :).
This kind of control is needed for EDM machine (hobby one by B. Fleming). Vertical movement in that design is by a small DC motor with high reduction. But since I have good hobby CNC machine it was better for me to use what I have.
Bit of a crude method using an old keyboard, USB interface and figuring out key matrix and few relays (four in this case) to simulate key strokes.
Output of EDM machine for motor control is 12VDC with reversing to change direction. No problem-just add diodes for up and down and I think it will work.
Thanks!

More
01 Aug 2019 06:56 #141075 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic keyboard mapping
Try shift-PageUp for rapid?

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds