5 axis with rotary table and rotary head ?

More
18 Aug 2019 15:38 #142443 by ranch
hello all :)

i have to make a 5 cnc milling, with a rotary table ( c ) , and slide table ( x y z ) and tilting head ( B ).

I have a table 60cm in diameter, so I can not easily tilt it. so I opted for a tilting head, because more, I have the necessary equipment. I prefer to avoid putting the C axis on the head because I do not have the corresponding material.
the length of the spindle motor and its spindle is 27cm, and the tilting point is in the middle of this set.

I already have the pc (i5 - 4GB ram, ssd) with a max jitter of 7000.
the control board is a Rosewill RC-302 parallel board with a HY-JKM5 board, and HY-DIV268N (5A) controllers.

I tried to find the corresponding configuration on linuxcnc, but I find nothing that corresponds: the version XYZACkins is a rotary and tilt table, and I do not understand how to change it.

do you have another configuration that fits better?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2019 17:52 #142510 by pl7i92
there is also xyzBC kinetics

you only need to change the letters from the joints to all the hal and in i files

gemetry = xyzbc in Display thats all

More
20 Aug 2019 06:39 - 20 Aug 2019 06:41 #142555 by Hakan
You may have to develop that transformation yourself.
It is not the same transformation as for the tilting/rotary table.

The way to establish the kinematics is documented linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html
but the machine setup you ask for is not in there. This is a tilting head/rotary table?
One need to establish the coordinate transformation between the work piece and the tool, just like in the docs.
Could be something along the lines rotate C, offset C-B, rotate B, offset to tool, so it is basically the same
matrices as in the doc but in an other order. And then follow the way from the docs.
Sounds easy, I know, but can be a challenge.

Some other links to check are mentioned here forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...tics?start=60#111899
and a figure from an article

Start at the tool tip and follow the matrices backwards. you can see offset from tool tip to A center, rotation around A, offset to C center, rotation around C and then the final one.
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1000936114000181
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 06:41 by Hakan.

More
20 Aug 2019 21:20 #142645 by ranch
Thank you for your answers.
for me it's a real challenge ... because I do not understand anything about matrices!
I have pretty much understood the definition of the joints, but I can not find where the offsets are indicated.
for my table, there will be no ofset, but for the rotation of the head, there will be necessarily to indicate

More
20 Aug 2019 23:35 #142657 by andypugh

I tried to find the corresponding configuration on linuxcnc, but I find nothing that corresponds: the version XYZACkins is a rotary and tilt table,

Have a look at Maxkins.
Here it is in action:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ranch

More
21 Aug 2019 20:40 #142737 by ranch
thanks, it's exactely that i search :)

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds