How to practically use camera offset

More
29 Nov 2019 13:13 #151500 by SvenH
Now that I have my camera setup working and more or less adjusted, it is time to use it.
I can find the offsets in x and y but I cannot think of a way to enter these in to my system or gcode.

I could make a new tool in the tool table and enter the offsets there but then the system would want to go and measure tool length, which is impossible because the camera is out off reach in all axis.

Is it possible to define a tool that does not want to go to the tool length sensor?

Or is there another way to make the system know how to deal with the camera offsets?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 17:41 #151513 by rodw
On my plasma table, I have a laser cross hair pointer which basically does the same thing. I touchedoff at X=0, Y=0 and made a single spot with the plasma cutter. Then I jogged the machine so the laser was over that spot and read the XY coordinates. .

Then I wrote a Gmocappy macro that moves the torch from it present position to the laser position and execute a XY touchoff.

More
02 Dec 2019 23:50 #151787 by andypugh

Is it possible to define a tool that does not want to go to the tool length sensor?

I imagine that your auto tool length measurement is a G-code remap?

In that case just add some code to that which returns without a measurement of the tool number = 99 (or whatever).

Alternatively load the camera "tool" with the M61 command.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds