Absolute or Actual Positioning Strategy of a Robot

More
09 Apr 2020 11:36 #163316 by barisduzenli
Hello I am not sure is LinuxCNC can use absolute encoder information. If it can, how? If not What have to be strategy for a safe robot diriving?

*Treditionally, we are using limit switches to prevent a crash. I do not want to trust only limit switches. And also I do not want to push each time home joint for each axis while I start robot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 12:08 #163319 by bbsr_5a
absolut encoders can be used but are very expensiv on a 4mio scale
so most use simple 2000ppr on the driving motor to get the info
and the gearing + the stiffness of the robot makes the precision to move at 0,05mm

More
09 Apr 2020 13:12 #163336 by barisduzenli
Hello bbsr_5a, I am using Delta brand ASDA-A2 model servos. I am not sure but in brochure it is written that absolute or incremental motor selection. If there is no like a parameter switching between incremental mode to absolute mode, probably incremental encoders have our servo motors. I am asking supplyer now.

It it very confusing and hard to implement homing axis each time isnt it? How can I implement secure robot starts ?

More
09 Apr 2020 23:53 #163410 by tommylight
There are many types of absolute encoders, so you would have to provide us with more info about them.
I did use serial absolute encoder on a retrofit, successfully thanks to members of this forum, and that machine has done more than 3 or 4 years of every day work without a single issue. They used SSI communication i think.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds