MESA 7i76E For Lathe Step-Dir Spindle, Orient and Rotary Axis

More
02 Aug 2020 21:09 - 02 Aug 2020 21:13 #176941 by xenon-alien

tommylight wrote: Attaching instagram pictures does not work, all i get is blank space.
Anyone else having this issue ?

At first i had not see them too in preview, that is why I telled how can find my instagram in the 1st post, but after that it's began work and I left the links.
They are videos... ;) And I can watched them on the forum. (Win. 10 + Chrome)
Last edit: 02 Aug 2020 21:13 by xenon-alien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2020 21:18 #176944 by tommylight
Oh well, i have all the possible safety features on, so something there is stopping it from showing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 11:17 - 03 Aug 2020 11:19 #177027 by xenon-alien

tommylight wrote: Oh well, i have all the possible safety features on, so something there is stopping it from showing.

I have no safety features on and in the 1st post don't work and a few posts later too.
And then, it's begin showing. The reason is unknown.

Have you any advice obout the topic theme? For step scaling? (the file owner not answered to me yet on youtube)
Last edit: 03 Aug 2020 11:19 by xenon-alien.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 11:31 #177030 by tommylight
Step scale should be the actual step scale, meaning the the steps per revolution multiplied by the microstepping and divided by the actual axis movement per revolution of the motor.
Same for the encoder scale, it should be PP divided by the movement of the axis per revolution.
provide us with more info, it is very hard to help with very limited info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 11:49 - 03 Aug 2020 12:00 #177031 by xenon-alien

tommylight wrote: Step scale should be the actual step scale, meaning the the steps per revolution multiplied by the microstepping and divided by the actual axis movement per revolution of the motor.
Same for the encoder scale, it should be PP divided by the movement of the axis per revolution.
provide us with more info, it is very hard to help with very limited info.

All the information I have, you can find on the firs page... I don't know what else information I can share with you... :unsure:
In the first post are the files from the video in the fifth post, who assembled the configuration.
There are no Step scale, only encoder scale.
But I have different set up.
I have a nema17 stepper motor 1/2 microstepping, so for a full rotation I have 400 steps. Belt drive Encoder for 600pps + ratio 1.5 : 1 = 900pps and I have 3600 in the ini file (generated config with PncConf working well with this values)
I'm new in LinuxCNC, so I can't figure out the algorithm why not used any Step scale in INI file.
My thoughts are that the Step scale = encoder scale
Last edit: 03 Aug 2020 12:00 by xenon-alien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 12:19 #177032 by tommylight
I'll have a look at everything later today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 12:20 - 03 Aug 2020 12:27 #177033 by xenon-alien

tommylight wrote: I'll have a look at everything later today.

Thank you very much!
When you have a look, tell me please, is it possible to use this algorithm for g76 and g33 on a Lathe?
Last edit: 03 Aug 2020 12:27 by xenon-alien.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 14:41 - 03 Aug 2020 14:43 #177045 by tommylight
- Create a new config using stepconf for 7i76e,
- Motors should be attached to the machine as you need to know how much the machine moves for every revolution of the motors,
- Replace the spindle stuff in your config with the spindle stuff from the Talla's hal and ini files,
- That can not be done just by copy all/ paste all, there is to many things that will cause errors, so it has to be done in by comparing what is already in your ini and hal and adding only what is needed,
- Basically you will need a fully working machine before you do the copy/paste stuff, meaning even the spindle has to be fully working.
Do you have a spindle that has orient sensor ?
Last edit: 03 Aug 2020 14:43 by tommylight. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 15:05 #177048 by xenon-alien

tommylight wrote: - Create a new config using stepconf for 7i76e,
- Motors should be attached to the machine as you need to know how much the machine moves for every revolution of the motors,
- Replace the spindle stuff in your config with the spindle stuff from the Talla's hal and ini files,
- That can not be done just by copy all/ paste all, there is to many things that will cause errors, so it has to be done in by comparing what is already in your ini and hal and adding only what is needed,
- Basically you will need a fully working machine before you do the copy/paste stuff, meaning even the spindle has to be fully working.
Do you have a spindle that has orient sensor ?

Thank you for reply.
I did everything you just wrote a few days ago.
Did you saw my pics on first page, or on instagram?
For now I have noticed 2 issues.
1) output scale looks like a step scale, but he talking about encoder scale / 60 to get pps (pulse per second = Hz) for encoder
2) when I replace spindle section and correct everything the Spindle speed in pyvcp panel not shows anything to check the RPM.
Here is my mod. files

File Attachment:

File Name: TEST.rar
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2020 21:04 #177286 by xenon-alien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum