Carousel component- feature request. Please help andypugh!

More
07 Aug 2020 19:34 #177643 by Henk
Hi

I am retrofitting a Mitsui Seiki HR5 machining centre.

The ATC use 2 proximity sensors labeled A and B and an additional reference proxy for homing. The A and B proxy's switch on and off by reading the same trigger plate on the ATC chain in such a way that it produces a quadrature signal when the ATC rotates. The (any) tool pocket is in the correct position when both A and B signals are on. Rotating slightly fwd or backw, causes either one of these two signals to go off.

Problem. The carousel comp encoding schemes currently available does not cater for this. The closest match is Index mode. I got it working by using only the A signal and the reference signal in index encoding mode. This is working but I had to add some logic when the ATC rotates in reverse because it stops slightly out of position due to approaching the striker from the other side.

Not sure what will be the easiest solution here?

Maybe the the easiest would be to and2 the and B signals and use that instead of only A?

Or maybe add this encoding scheme to the comp?

Video here

Advice is always appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2020 19:43 #177644 by tommylight
I am not Andy, but i will give it shot as you are very close:
signal A input >>> and2.0-in1
signal B input >>> and2.0-in2
and2.0-out >>> carousel input
That would be a rough direction, also loadrt and addf lines for and2 have to be add to the hal file.

More
07 Aug 2020 19:56 #177646 by Henk
Hi Tommy
I am going to try that. Concern is that it will overshoot the position. Not sure what will happen in that case....try and see....

• kris321
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2020 10:48 - 01 Sep 2020 10:54 #180304 by kris321

Hi

I am retrofitting a Mitsui Seiki HR5 machining centre.

The ATC use 2 proximity sensors labeled A and B and an additional reference for homing. The A and B proxy's switch on and off by reading the same trigger plate on the ATC chain in such a way that it produces a quadrature signal when the ATC rotates. The (any) tool pocket is in the correct position when both A and B signals are on. Rotating slightly fwd or backw, causes either one of these two signals to go off.

Problem. The carousel comp encoding schemes currently available does not cater for this. The closest match is Index mode. I got it working by using only the A signal and the reference signal in index encoding mode. This is working but I had to add some logic when the ATC rotates in reverse because it stops slightly out of position due to approaching the striker from the other side.

Not sure what will be the easiest solution here?

Maybe the the easiest would be to and2 the and B signals and use that instead of only A?

Or maybe add this encoding scheme to the comp?

Video here

Advice is always appreciated.

My husband had the same problem, did you find a solution?
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 10:54 by tommylight. Reason: removed spam

More
01 Sep 2020 10:55 #180306 by tommylight
kris321 Has left the building ! :)
Oh i was waiting and waiting and then it happened, link embedded in Henk's message!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds