Spindle reversing using a reversing relay wanted with delay or wait low RPM

More
10 Nov 2020 02:37 #188836 by alkabal
Hi all

I like to allow my spindle mill Cortini L300 to lowering the rpm before activating/desactivating relay.
The relay is connected directly to motor wire, inversion is like a manual switch, and i think this is a really bad idea to do this immediately whithout checking low rpm or 0 rpm.

Some month ago i do something similar for delay the enable pin from vfd for add a "soft stop"

Unfortunately the timedelay is not enough for reverse/forward change because the asked speed from motion is done immediately.

so i have do this that "do the job"" but i'm open to any better suggestion
# timedelay before changing direction for prevent too much current inside motor and relay
setp                              timedelay.spindle-reverse-soft-stop.on-delay  [SPINDLE_0]SOFT_REVERSE_DELAY
setp                              timedelay.spindle-reverse-soft-stop.off-delay [SPINDLE_0]SOFT_REVERSE_DELAY
net spindle-ccw                => timedelay.spindle-reverse-soft-stop.in
net spindle-reverse-soft-stop  <= timedelay.spindle-reverse-soft-stop.out
net spindle-reverse-soft-stop  => [HMOT](CARD0).7i76.0.0.spindir

setp near.spindle-reverse-timedelay.difference  0.002

net timedelay-near-zero-reverse              <= timedelay.spindle-reverse-soft-stop.elapsed
net timedelay-near-zero-reverse              => near.spindle-reverse-timedelay.in1
setp                                            near.spindle-reverse-timedelay.in2 5.002 # time elapsed after change so does not work at startup need to first select both direction for initilising
net timedelay-near-reverse-enable-pid        <= near.spindle-reverse-timedelay.out    
net timedelay-near-reverse-enable-pid        => and2.spindle-reverse-timedelay.in0
net spindle-enable-soft-stop                 => and2.spindle-reverse-timedelay.in1
net spindle-enable-soft-stop-and2revdelay    <= and2.spindle-reverse-timedelay.out
net spindle-enable-soft-stop-and2revdelay    => pid.spindle.enable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2020 10:40 - 11 Nov 2020 10:40 #188980 by alkabal
Hi

Impossible for me to found a way to do this correctly from hal so I’m in the process of writing a .comp for allow spindle enable management and dir relay vs actual velocity.

This is not what I really want but that work really better :woohoo:

If this can be useful for someone you can ask

Br
Last edit: 11 Nov 2020 10:40 by alkabal.

More
11 Nov 2020 23:14 - 11 Nov 2020 23:17 #189064 by alkabal
Investigating some signal i have see something strange, using 2.8 from rpi4 official iso (thanks a lot for this !!)

I have see some irregularity in the spindle.0.on signal with halscope

What did you think about that ?

For the moment i can't reproduce so this is maybee only a little bug from halscope, i don't know
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Nov 2020 23:17 by alkabal.

More
12 Nov 2020 01:32 - 12 Nov 2020 01:32 #189079 by alkabal
Well

I have some good result with .comp for adding a soft stop and soft reverse.

The very good news is the unplanned good effect on the mill controller.

Planned : add some delay if relay need to be activated/deactivated before starting controller

Planned : add some speed check before reversing direction for controller that need a relay for inverting motor wire

Planned : Soft stop allow my lathe to decrease speed before activate the regen brake (i think this one is too much efficient but i wan't to keep it for emergency use) forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...le-soft-stop?start=0

Unplanned : Soft stop allow the mill (without any brake) to decrease speed more quickly :woohoo: B)

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Nov 2020 01:32 by alkabal.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds