xyzbc-trt-kins and linuxcnc 2.9 (map_coordinates_to_jnumbers)

More
12 Nov 2020 13:45 #189107 by sd
Im Having difficulties implimenting xyzbc-trt-kins on Debian Debian GNU/Linux 9.12 (stretch) 9.12 stretch with linuxcnc-uspace 1:2.9.0~pre0.2245.g09397b8d3

After compiling the kins file and editing the halfile and ini files i am getting an error of ;

Debug file information:
Note: Using POSIX realtime
xyzbc-trt-kins: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/xyzbc-trt-kins.so: undefined symbol: map_coordinates_to_jnumbers
./xyzbcdef.hal:4: waitpid failed /usr/bin/rtapi_app xyzbc-trt-kins
./xyzbcdef.hal:4: /usr/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
./xyzbcdef.hal:4: insmod for xyzbc-trt-kins failed, returned -1

I have gone around in circles editing joint numbers, defining joints as as x=0,y=1,z=2,b=4,c=5 and x=0,y=1,z=2,b=3,c=4 and x=-1,y=-1,z=-1,b=3,c=4 (ive tried allsorts and probably completely ruined my machine setup but that can be fixed once ive figured out the problem!)

Is this likely a problem with using debian stretch or linuxcnc v 2.9?

Or am i being such a beginner that I have missed something obvious! I get that its trying to call something to do with the joints / joint numbers that is not there but im not proficient enough with computer programming to debug (i can write a cnc prog though!)

File Attachment:

File Name: xyzbcdef.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: xyzbcdef.ini
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: xyzbc-trt-kins.c
File Size:6 KB

any help much appreciated!!

tia

stefan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2020 14:31 - 12 Nov 2020 14:34 #189109 by Aciera

After compiling the kins file

Did you use halcompile for that or recompile from source (make)? What do you need to change in the kinematics?

There seems to be some confusion about an A axis:
[KINS]
KINEMATICS = xyzbc-trt-kins coordinates = XYZABC
#This is a best-guess at the number of joints, it should be checked
JOINTS = 5
pos->a = 0;
#define REQUIRED_COORDINATES "XYZABC"

Do you need an A axis?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2020 14:34 by Aciera.

More
12 Nov 2020 14:49 #189114 by sd
I used halcompile.

No I dont need an a axis, this is where my confusion arrises! When i was originally setting up with trivkins it required 6 axis so i have tried every combination of 5 and 6 axis (xyzabc / xyzbc and edited hal to suit)

I was also looking in the xyzbc-trt-kins file at the joint assignments;

// joint number assignments
static int JX = -1;
static int JY = -1;
static int JZ = -1;

static int JB = -1;
static int JC = -1;

I tried editing these to correspond to the joint numbers but that also made no difference (im now thinking these are something to do with the inverse kinematics!?)

My google search led me to believe that maybe an undefined symbol as per the line ;
xyzbc-trt-kins: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/xyzbc-trt-kins.so: undefined symbol: map_coordinates_to_jnumbers

means its trying to call a label or variable or something that hasnt been called or defined yet maybe? am i on the right lines?

Thank you for your reply really appreciated!

More
12 Nov 2020 15:25 #189115 by Aciera
1. Halcompile does not work if external modules are required to compile the file. To compile xyzbc-trt-kins.c you would need to build from source as you would to install a RIP (Run in place) installation.

2. Why don't you just use the kinematics as it comes with every LinuxCNC install? There is a simulation in sim/axis/vismach/5axis/table-rotary-tilting. Call that up and you get a folder containing xyzbc-trt.ini in your configs. Then have a look how to define the joints and axis.

More
12 Nov 2020 16:50 #189125 by sd
Ive had a look at the sim/axis/vismach/5axis/table-rotary-tiltin and got the sim working for xyzac although im still getting the same error for xyzbc! Not seeing any tool point rotations although i will have to look at it further i think my brain has had enough for today

What im hoping to do is use my little 5 axis mill in a similar format to the heidenhain 5 axis i have used in the past. As in being able to rotate the bc or ac axis and have xyz transform to suit and still be able to program xyz according to the plane I am working on, i figured this would be better than having to create a post including all the transformations and enable me to manually program if required - probably going to use far more 3+2 than 5 axis but would still like to be able to compensate for a part/tool offset.

Im probably biting off more than I can chew but after 20 years as a machinist I couldn't go down the route of a 3 axis router wheres the fun in that!

Thank you for your help I will have a look into the vismach sim and doing build from source or build i place

Thanks again

stefan

More
12 Nov 2020 18:30 #189141 by Aciera
I imagine you would have to reinstall LinuxCNC again since the xyzbc-trt-kin that is called up in the sim is the same corrupted file that didn't work with your own config.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds