XYYZ + 2 individual reference switches for Y and only one linear scale for Y

More
30 Jan 2021 21:51 - 31 Jan 2021 07:57 #197179 by medicusdkfz
Hi,

I want to use a gantry with XYYZ, 2 individual reference switches for Y1 and Y2 to level the gantry and one linear scale for the synchronized Y axis... Is that possible?

Mesa 7i76e, 7i84 &7i85 -> LinuxCNC 2.9
Y: 2x ASDA A2 Delta controller and servo
X: 1x ASDA B2 Delta controller and servo
Z: 1x stepper with brake

Thank you in advance,
Pierre

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2021 07:57 by medicusdkfz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2021 07:58 #197207 by medicusdkfz
It's strange. I can't see the attached pdf, only a preview of the first page.

More
01 Feb 2021 00:06 #197259 by andypugh
Anyway, it should be possible to do as you want.
The precise implementation details might take a bit of fiddling. Does the linear scale offer any kind of index marks?
If not then you probably want to home to the motor encoder indexes (and the switches), then somehow bring the linear scale in to use after homing. At that point it should be just like any other dual-feedback system.

More
01 Feb 2021 12:15 - 01 Feb 2021 13:03 #197301 by chris@cnc
hello pierre,
yes that is possible. i have almost the same setup. i have the delta b2 drive and 2 scals. the advantage of the a2 drive is that you can connect the scale directly to the amplifier. and then from the amplifier to the nc. the tuning of these amplifiers is high end. you such an almost perfect servo system. unfortunately I didn't have enough money for the a2 but the b2 and 2 scales for the nc are already semi-professional the a2 already has an integrated function to synchronize the gantry. at b2 old school. Align 2 limit switches to 1mm and set the rest in home offset.

and I recommend choosing all servos of the same type. makes it a lot easier.

have fun greetings Christian
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 13:03 by chris@cnc.

More
01 Feb 2021 21:26 - 01 Feb 2021 22:54 #197337 by medicusdkfz
Here is a brand new youtube video from Peter, a very smart guy and LinuxCNC expert:

It describes the synchronization with two y-axis and two seperate reference switches. It's in German. A following video to describe all the specialties (Hal, ...) is planned.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 22:54 by medicusdkfz.

More
01 Feb 2021 22:48 - 01 Feb 2021 22:49 #197344 by medicusdkfz
Hi Chris,

are you German?

Grüße, Pierre
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 22:49 by medicusdkfz.

More
02 Feb 2021 19:50 #197465 by chris@cnc
Hello Pierre,
if you only want the A2 driver for the scale gantry that would be a big waste.
Another alternative is these.
granitedevices.com/digital-servo-drive-argon/
These work very well with linuxcnc in any case, but I haven't had the time to check it out.

Anyway, since linuxcnc 2.8. does the gantry work with PNCconfig out of the box. Configure the homing switch and set the motor. Works great with any stepper or servo. You can connect your scales or encoders to the 7i85 and have a closed loop system much cheaper.
And you can read about homing here.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-ho...homing-configuration

What I really like about the Delta Servos is the good tuning software and documentation. That saved me a lot of time later. For you, the B2 driver would be more than enough. And these steppers ... seriously let the dinosaurs sleep ...

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds