Spindle Step/Dir servo ramp down before stop on M stop command.

More
11 Apr 2021 08:51 #205617 by andypugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2021 12:29 #205632 by NoJo
Very interesting! Just a little different from your profile photo.

More
17 Apr 2021 19:17 #206209 by NoJo
Not very good at making videos...here the lathe cuts a ball on a stick profile in PVC - very stringy stuff, not great with ordinary tip tools. Really needs a sharp high rake cutting edge. Also the first time I have done anything CNC on a lathe and used RhinoCAm to generate the Gcode file - A liitle new to me in defining the stock dimensions and tool XZ zero positions, so did cut some 'air' in places!
Anyway, it did its thing!
Joe
My CNC lathe cuts something for the first time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Apr 2021 19:45 #206214 by tommylight

More
02 May 2021 16:47 #207653 by NoJo

That's a good start.

I was going to try to make the changes to configure the C axis, but I spent all day trying to get my 1921 motorcycle running.

Do you need the C axis urgently, or is it on the "nice to have this month" list?

So, how did the motorcycle go?? Read up a bit on what I could find on the internet - a colourful history that motorcycle has!

And, any revelations on my C axis? I am progressing well with the ATC - I think it should end up a neat implementation.
Just a lot of work ahead...
Joe
Attachments:

More
03 May 2021 12:11 #207718 by andypugh
Here is an untested config to try. I can't really test it without your hardware.
Unzip the files and drop them all in your existing config file.
You can then choose the new INI file from the LinuxCNC config picker.
Note that the new INI explicitly loads the new HAL. If you get this new config all working and want to go back to plain names then don't forget that you will have to change the HAL file name in the ini [HAL] section when you rename the HAL file.

You will also need to make the M100 and M101 files executable.
chmod +x M100
chmod +x M101
are the command-line commands, or you can do it in the file properties in the file manager.

an m100 command should put the machine in C-axis mode, and an m101 should put it back in spindle mode.

Let me know how it goes, I don't expect it to work first time.
Attachments:

More
03 May 2021 12:48 #207719 by NoJo
Thanks Andy!
May take me a while to figure out what you said...

Thanks
Joe

More
04 May 2021 09:58 - 04 May 2021 10:01 #207810 by NoJo
OK, tried that and have a few errors in the files.
First was [TRAJ] Cordinates = ZX without the C in the ini - fixed that ( XZC).
Placed the M100 / M101 files in CONFIG directory ( where should they go?) and made then executable ( permissions, etc)
Nexr error is an ini variable not found [JOINT_2]DIRSETUP...not found - see in attached report file.
I did dig in the HAL and ini files to see how that term is used in the other axes, to try understand where it is missing 'from' but did not succeed.
Still not smart enough with this to understand, but I do suspect that maybe the Stepgen allocation is not correct?
X uses Stepgen 00, Z uses Stepgen 01, Spindle uses Stepgen 02, but C_Axis uses Stepgen 01 as well..Should this be Stepgen 03 with the output somehow muxed to the spindle stepgen?
Joe
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 May 2021 10:01 by NoJo.

More
04 May 2021 10:10 - 04 May 2021 10:11 #207812 by andypugh

Placed the M100 / M101 files in CONFIG directory ( where should they go?) and made then executable ( permissions, etc)

They should go in the config directory, as the INI is setup ( "[RS274NGC]USER_M_PATH = . " tells it to look there)
You should be able to use M100 and M101 in the MDI window without errors.

Nexr error is an ini variable not found [JOINT_2]DIRSETUP...not found - see in attached report file.
I did dig in the HAL and ini files to see how that term is used in the other axes, to try understand where it is missing 'from' but did not succeed.

Sorry, I left in far too much when I copy-pasted. Delete the entire section "# Step Gen signals/setup" in the AXIS C section.

Still not smart enough with this to understand, but I do suspect that maybe the Stepgen allocation is not correct?
X uses Stepgen 00, Z uses Stepgen 01, Spindle uses Stepgen 02, but C_Axis uses Stepgen 01 as well..Should this be Stepgen 03 with the output somehow muxed to the spindle stepgen?

Normally you would be correct, but the config is using stepgen.02 for the spindle in velocity mode for spindle use, and also in velocity mode (controlled by a PID) in position mode.
Last edit: 04 May 2021 10:11 by andypugh.

More
04 May 2021 12:23 #207824 by NoJo
Thanks Andy - results so far:
I deleted this entire stepgen section:
# Step Gen signals/setup

setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.dirsetup        [JOINT_2]DIRSETUP
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.dirhold         [JOINT_2]DIRHOLD
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.steplen         [JOINT_2]STEPLEN
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.stepspace       [JOINT_2]STEPSPACE
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.position-scale  [JOINT_2]STEP_SCALE
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.step_type        0
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.control-type     1
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.maxaccel         [JOINT_2]STEPGEN_MAXACCEL
setp   [HMOT](CARD0).stepgen.01.maxvel           [JOINT_2]STEPGEN_MAXVEL

# ---closedloop stepper signals---

net c-pos-cmd    <= joint.2.motor-pos-cmd
net c-vel-cmd    <= joint.2.vel-cmd
net c-pos-fb     <= [HMOT](CARD0).encoder.00.position
net c-pos-fb     => joint.1.motor-pos-fb

It came up then with no errors.
C axis is present.
Homing X and Z works.
Homing C moves nothing - but shows C as homed on the AXIS display. I tried this also after executing an M100 in MDI.
Jogging (in AXIS) X and Z works. C does not move ( with or without M100), but returns joint2 following error.
With M101 active, Spindle runs normally ( M03, etc, stops M00/M05)
With M100 active, spindle does not turn with M03 etc.
With M101 active C axis does not move with:
G01 Z10 C45 F100 - just some moves to see what happens - nothing -but get a joint 2 following error.

Joe.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds