stdglue

More
29 Aug 2021 03:45 #219064 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic stdglue
please archive all your config files and post them here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2021 04:24 #219065 by smplc
Replied by smplc on topic stdglue
The config files are all the same as standard upload of AXIS 2.8.2.11 lathe display.  The only additional file is python and extra script at lathe.ini as foregoing.
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2021 06:41 - 29 Aug 2021 06:45 #219071 by smplc
Maybe AXIS lathe display has to be non-simulation for stdglue.py to run T.

Maybe remapped G-code is locating stdglue.py and doesn't have enough variables to run the cycle_prolog function. Most of my source code experience is C Programming, some C++ and JavaScript. Not very much Python experience but some practice and Python has some comparison to C++ and could be learned. No knowledge of LinuxCNC Python abstract functions and would require a description, however, starting at the beginning of the main program would be helpful but lengthy and exhaustive sharing other Python files. Breaking into the code would be efficient. As to start question if the cycle_prolog has any libraries, has prototypes been declared, are methods private or public, are functions local and are variables global, constant and initialized. Else could the lathe.ini miss some script or could the /configs/python file miss some additional files. I learned most of additional lathe.ini script, stdglue.py and toplevel.py files from LinuxCNC_Documentation.pdf and appended has much as recoverable yet.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2021 06:45 by smplc.

More
29 Aug 2021 17:14 #219111 by cmorley
So the error message (about tool change) changed?
first you said: 'finally pops bad exception'
Now you said 'tool 101 missing'

A missing tool is easy to fix: add tool 1 and tool 10001.
But why did the message change?

More
29 Aug 2021 17:57 #219116 by smplc
I just realized that it's because I put a temporary hash in front of the lathe.ini and REMAP=T line, turning.ngc included T0101, ran and error message. The hash has been removed. Just T1 is reading the offset table and if REMAP=T effect as mentioned earlier. Else still receive 'finally pops bad exception' when trying to run with T0101.

I tried T10001 and error message 'T100: tool entry not found' when trying to run.

Also, sometimes receive error message 'can't do that (EMC_TASK_PLAN_SYNCH) in auto mode with the interpreter idle' when opening turning.ngc at AXIS lathe display.

More
29 Aug 2021 18:20 - 29 Aug 2021 18:21 #219117 by cmorley
I said you need to _ADD_ tool 1 and tool 10001.

For wear offsets remap to work it looks for two tool numbers.
For instance, if you call for tool 101, It looks in the tool file for tool 1 and tool 10001 and combines the information.

Anyways that still doesn't fix the finally pops error.

try this in the remap file change the code:

except Exception, e:
print e
self.set_errormsg("T%d index_lathe_tool_with_wear: %s" % (int(words), e))
return INTERP_ERROR

to:
except:
    return INTERP_ERROR

Chris
Last edit: 29 Aug 2021 18:21 by cmorley.

More
29 Aug 2021 20:17 #219123 by smplc
Are you suggesting replace t with words ?

I edited the foregoing code replacing character t with words, saved, ran and received same error. words might have to be a pointer if 't' is an element to iterate and search, however, received an error too. words might of been a string or characters cast to an integer.

More
29 Aug 2021 23:12 #219130 by smplc
I inserted the except: return INTERP_ERROR too. Both simultaneous or one or the other and still error message.

I'd require to study and gain more practice programming Python to put more time into studying def index_lathe_tool_with_wear function. stdglue.py and top of page appears a couple of import modules to pass parameters too.

I could probably make due with T1 and way it's functioning for now but would like it resolved near future.

The cycle_prolog would be nice error free. Convenient if modal enabled because such G90.3 is comparable to a Fanuc G90 and could be utile simply to rough straight passes or any other non-allocated G-code and geometry.

More
30 Aug 2021 02:27 #219140 by cmorley
Remap is not very forgiving to mistakes nor very helpful in diagnosis.

You could try the sim sim/qtvcp_screen/industrial_lathe_wear

It uses the remapped wear and has a tool table to match.

Just try it to see if you get the same error - the screen is not ready to be used on a machine, it's just for showcasing ideas.

Chris

More
30 Aug 2021 05:06 #219144 by smplc
Thanks. I ran QTvcp-Screen-qtlathe sim, accepts T0101 and no error message. industrial_lathe_wear.ini has same remap T and M6 functions as lathe.ini. The stdglue.py file seems to correspond to the industrial_lathe_wear.ini and maybe some other files. QTvcp-Screen-qtlathe a little oversize and requires to pan to see buttons. Offset button nice but didn't appear to have a column for tool nose radius. A step button doesn't look visible. Programming D_ to enable tool nose compensation and running program looks as if not compensating. Dynamic tool nose compensation might not enable either. Also, nose radius of tool not adjusting to D_ size.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds