About an older Siemens Simodrive 611

More
29 Jan 2022 19:52 #233475 by arvidb
You're not reaching 2 MHz with 2048 pulses/rev: max speed at that resolution would be 2000000/2048*60 > 58000 rev/min. Some problem with signal integrity perhaps?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, andresgodinho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2022 00:06 #233675 by Masiwood123
Maybe my case can help with Simodrive 611. I had a lathe with the same driver. Personally, I think that the problem is not in the Mesa cards or the encoder. I did retrofit in mach3. I had the same problem when you put a little more speed (I almost died the first time) You need to look at the maximum speed that is put in simodrive (9000rpm in my case)
then I reduced the drive settings to max 4000rpm (and at 10v it really was that much..but as the analog output exceeds 5-7 v simodrive raises the max speed (which I think happens to you too) in the end I tried more cards with analog output as well as the battery at 9v the same happens so at 9v and at 10v it rises to maximum.in the end I installed a potentiometer on the analog output and manually blocked it to 5v which gave me 2000rpm enough for what I was doing on that lathe. There is a problem in Simodrive itself. I don't understand much about pwm and other things, but Simodrive itself definitely has a problem. I sold the lathe and the new owner accepted the situation as it is. Greeting
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, andresgodinho

More
01 Feb 2022 07:07 #233689 by radom

Maybe my case can help with Simodrive 611. I had a lathe with the same driver. Personally, I think that the problem is not in the Mesa cards or the encoder. I did retrofit in mach3. I had the same problem when you put a little more speed (I almost died the first time) You need to look at the maximum speed that is put in simodrive (9000rpm in my case)
then I reduced the drive settings to max 4000rpm (and at 10v it really was that much..but as the analog output exceeds 5-7 v simodrive raises the max speed (which I think happens to you too) in the end I tried more cards with analog output as well as the battery at 9v the same happens so at 9v and at 10v it rises to maximum.in the end I installed a potentiometer on the analog output and manually blocked it to 5v which gave me 2000rpm enough for what I was doing on that lathe. There is a problem in Simodrive itself. I don't understand much about pwm and other things, but Simodrive itself definitely has a problem. I sold the lathe and the new owner accepted the situation as it is. Greeting

did you use encoder output from 611 or have another encoder connected directly to mesa
I don't have this problem with my simodrive

The following user(s) said Thank You: andresgodinho

More
01 Feb 2022 09:04 #233694 by Masiwood123
I didn’t used Mesa at this time i found some step/dir to analog card and used them for axis with encoder with no problem. but spindle (servo motor)analog input on simodrive doesn’t worked synchronized with analog voltage from main controller card.. there was an encoder conected to spindle but i used mach 3 and no encoder input on main card just analog output and index input from encoder to measure rpm. Mystery is why simodrive works fine and synchronize rpm mach right under 6-7v on analog input and after that( example 8v) increase speed to maximum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andresgodinho

More
11 Feb 2022 08:34 #234556 by andresgodinho

So what i ended up doing was changing a parameter on the simodrive itself and changed the output resolution from 2048 to 1024. the result was that instead of only going up to 3900 rpm i was able to go up to 7800 rpm without any issues...
I have also tested the simodrive with just the +-10V from the mesa card without using encoder feedback and was able to go trough all the rpm range.
I have made a small change in hal that allows me to either use encoder feedback while under 3000 rpm and disable encoder feedback above 3000 rpm.
Am still considering putting another encoder directly to the mesa card and see what happens. But i have to have the 2048 encoder there for the simodrive itself.

More
11 Feb 2022 08:35 #234557 by andresgodinho
I used the encoder output from the simodrive. she is working like a charm.

More
17 Dec 2023 22:32 #288442 by COFHAL
I have a question, from what I understand your 810D controller was damaged but the 611 servo driver is working. So, you are controlling these servo drivers with the MESA cards?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds