wedm con ejes xyuv

More
07 May 2022 21:09 #242259 by darito78
Replied by darito78 on topic wedm con ejes xyuv
this is the machine the foam function does not work for me because the movement commands of the u and v axes do not have to be equal to x and y in 2d cuts u and v do not have to move

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2022 21:12 #242260 by darito78
That's exactly what I can't do. I don't know how to interact with the axes to make custom movements.

More
08 May 2022 15:44 #242307 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic wedm con ejes xyuv

That's exactly what I can't do. I don't know how to interact with the axes to make custom movements.

If using conventional XYUV G-code from foam-cutter CAM:

You just need to drive the U motor position with (X - U) and the V motor position with (Y - V) 

You can do that in HAL or in a custom kinematics module. 

Otherwise, if your CAM outputs U and V as offsets, then there is nothing to do. 

So, the real question is: What does your G-code look like? 

More
11 May 2022 13:07 #242634 by darito78
hello andy thanks for the information the reality is that I am quite a novice with linuxcnc, the g code I will surely do with camworks, for complex figures and at the foot of the machine for simple things, I do not understand the 3b code and I did not find much information. What I'm asking you to do if you don't mind is an example of what you say to do x-u in the hal file because I have no idea and I haven't found anything about it or where I can see this type of configuration. Thank you so much

More
11 May 2022 21:59 #242681 by andypugh
I don't want to go off in the wrong direction. What does the G-code for a parallel-sided part look like?

More
12 May 2022 12:02 #242790 by darito78
a parallel sided piece is written with x and y only, and when it is 3d it uses v and u .
for example a square is g1 x10
y10
x0
y0
without using the auxiliary axes v and u, these are used only in 3d but it is as you say the movement of u should be something like u=x-u I think, but I don't know how I should write the code to be able to do this

More
13 May 2022 23:41 #242920 by andypugh
If the G-code doesn't command a change to U and V, and the requirement is not to move U and V in that state, then I think that there is nothing to do.

ie, you can just set the machine up entirely conventionally, joint.0.moto-pos-cmd to X, joint.1.... to Y, joint.2.... to U and joint.3.... to V.

More
20 May 2022 10:36 #243401 by darito78
hello andy, I don't think it works that way since I've tried and if I want to make a parallel movement of the wire in the original linuxcnc foam program I have to order movement in x and u simultaneously, instead in my machine I should only move the x axis, for example in camworks the code is something like x10:x10 I did not understand this because it does not mention u or v axis, what interests me is how to change the movements with trivkins in the hal file

More
20 May 2022 15:03 #243410 by andypugh

hello andy, I don't think it works that way since I've tried and if I want to make a parallel movement of the wire in the original linuxcnc foam program I have to order movement in x and u simultaneousl

That is because the [DISPLAY]FOAM preview is _not_ an accurate model of your machine. 
Your G-code will control your machine perfectly with no further work. However, it _would_ take some software changes to make the FOAM preview work for your machine. 

More
23 May 2022 18:43 #243633 by darito78
ok andy, I understand perfectly, could you tell me what to look at or where to start to change the view? Since I plan to use this machine in my workshop, the truth is that configurations are difficult for me, but I don't even know where to start with this type of change.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds