Deckel FP4 Z Brake AND2, timedelay or classic ladder

More
26 Apr 2022 12:51 #241286 by chili023
I am finalizing my Deckel FP4 conversion and are now on the timing/enabeling of the Z-Brake.
The Z Axis is very heavy and as soon as I enable the break pin (release the brake) the Z Axis moves downwards. 
The servo drives are enabled by 2 relays that I enable when the machine is enabled. It takes about 1 second for the servo drive to be ready. This can be feed back to linuxcnc by a Pin of the servo drive that is labeled "servo drives ready".

First I used a timedelay, which works, but I want to use the pin "servo drives ready" since this is the right way to do it.
First I thought about using AND2 to combine the "z-enable" PIN and the "servo drives ready" PIN. But this would lead to the behavior that the PID starts piding even when the drives are not ready yet.
Theoretically the axis shouldn't move but I wonder if this is the best way to do it?

Thanks Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2022 13:16 #241288 by andypugh
You can connect the PID enable in to the same logic. However having the PID active and the brake on at the same time might be OK as long as the commanded and feedback position match. And they should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chili023

More
26 Apr 2022 17:31 #241312 by chris@cnc
I use the signal “servo drive ready” direct to switch my brake  relays. Works well and do you need any delay could you adjust brake parameter in drive. But on the old drive I don’t know the way. 

More
27 Apr 2022 21:35 #241404 by chili023
Both methods work.
Even with the PID enable not connected.
I couldn't identify any changes in behavior.

Thanks

More
14 May 2022 05:27 #242938 by DoWerna
Hallo Andreas.

Kommst gut vorran?
Läuft die Deckel schon.
Bilder? :-)

More
26 May 2022 12:22 #243888 by chili023
Yes the FP4 is producing parts. Works like a charm. Of course the last 5% take the longest.
Just took a Touch monitor into duty. I am working on the last bits and pieces. I will prepare a video and provide some further detail into the conversation.

I keep you posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoWerna

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds