Lock and unlock hydraulic clamps on linear axis

More
29 Apr 2022 06:25 #241607 by yrsiddhapura
Greetings,

I am planing to bought a NC Table type boring mill and convert it to linuxcnc the machine i have planed is a WMW UNION 90/3-AT model with Heidenhain TNC 124(Not Working). Right now machine is not working due to missing electrical components but according to dealer it might have Hydraulic Brake on X Y Z linear axis and it will locked while axis is not moving and will  unlock automatically when axis have to move (ie G0 or G1) using Gcode and current system was programed to lock and unlock brake without using any additional Mcode so it is possible with linuxcnc.

and  setup of XYZWB will need to any change in kinematics or trajectory planner ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2022 09:38 #241620 by andypugh
There is a way to do it. It is not as elegant as I would like, but I think it works.

I have a longer-term ambition to extend the "locking indexer" code to all axes, which would be a much better answer.

Is this a machine with one motor that is clutched in and out to control each axis one by one?

Anyway, the method I came up with is a HAL component that sets feed-override really low, just high enough to detect axis motion to release the clamp, and then sets it back to normal once the clamp is released.

I can't find the component now, and I am heading out for the weekend. But I did test it and it worked. I can recreate it if you want to go that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger, yrsiddhapura

More
30 Apr 2022 04:03 #241696 by yrsiddhapura
Sure take your time i m still in negotiation with machine owner have a great weekend ahead i will try to lookup on your suggestion on feed-override

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds