Automaticaly 4 speed gearbox

More
01 Jul 2022 00:14 #246330 by dragon44
Hello :)
First thing on the start - sorry for my English.

Second thing - again i try do something above my linuxcnc level.

I change system of control in lathe, which use 4 speed gearbox. Gearbox is controlled by two hydraulic actuator (first actuator - two gear, second - next two gear to choice). On the shafts are two induction sensors, to confirmation shafts position - correct change gear. What I want to do (or what I think, that i need do):
1. I need four signal for four speed.
2. Gear must be change on the spindle turn off.
3. I want choice a gear from S parameter from Gcode .
S parameter:                   Spindle override: 50-120%
1. gear - 50 - 100 rpm            (25-120)
2. gear 100,001 - 250 rpm     (50-300)
3. gear 250,001 - 500 rpm     (125-600)
4. gear 500,001 - 1000 rpm.  (250-1200)
For example:
S240 - second gear - logic of outputs: 01; logic of inputs: 01.
S666 - fourth gear - logic of outputs: 11; logic of inputs: 11.

4. Linuxcnc must automatically check choice a spindle speed (S parameter) and sets 2 outputs, and wait for correct signal from inputs sensors.

What i know (rather, about what i havent idea):
Is gearchange function, but probably I cant use 4 speed. (?)
Probably I must use PLC module, but how add S-parameter. I never use in linuxcnc PLC, but I something know about Classic Leader and I should to handle with logic. Dependly to value S-parameter - comparly with gear range - PLC must set two outputs. Next must be check inputs signals from sensors and set enable ready signal to work.

So... where is mistake in my logic?
Maybe easier will be written in hal, than build PLC logic?
Where is beginning my travel with gearbox??

and I use 7i76E

Bartek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2022 11:56 #246353 by andypugh
Can you change gear with the spindle running?

I have a two-speed spindle speed controller. It has the ability to do a gear change during operation (but only on a G0 move) which can be useful when using CSS mode and the stock diameter changes a lot. 
This might work for you even if you are not _meant_ to switch gears with the spindle turning. If your input and output speed sensing is good then you can do a perfect gear change just like a skilled driver with a "crash" gearbox in a vehicle. 
If the hydraulics operate clutches rather than slide gears then you can definitely use this.

I have a switch for high / low / auto. I would suggest that you do 1, 2, 3, 4, Auto. Especially on facing operations it is useful to be able to lock it.

(design improvement, add a HAL pin so that G-code can lock-in a particular gear)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds