Setting up switchable TCP

More
11 Jul 2022 00:01 - 11 Jul 2022 00:03 #247046 by Sabryxd
Hello everyone I am trying to set up switchable TCP on linuxcnc for my 5 axis mill I have linuxcnc 2.9 and ran some commands that I found on the internet that is supposed to configure switchable TCP But I am getting errors when I open a sample xyzac-trt configuration from already configured data.
.ini and .hal are attached plus the error message any help is appreciated thanks 
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2022 00:03 by Sabryxd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2022 06:31 #247057 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Setting up switchable TCP

I have linuxcnc 2.9 and ran some commands that I found on the internet that is supposed to configure switchable TCP

Not sure what that means but if you use a current version of 2.9 then the switchable kinematics feature should work right out of the box.
So the first step would be to try to run the simulation config that comes with the installation: sim / axis / vismach / 5axis / table-rotary-tilting /xyzac-trt.ini If that does not show the buttons in the axis gui to switch kinematics between TCP and trivkins then you are running an outdated 2.9.

More
11 Jul 2022 09:35 #247064 by Sabryxd
Replied by Sabryxd on topic Setting up switchable TCP
Well that is the name of the version I am testing 
Is it compatible?

Attachments:

More
11 Jul 2022 11:57 - 11 Jul 2022 11:59 #247067 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Setting up switchable TCP
2.9 is the development version of linuxcnc, so things change all the time. There are people who could tell you which revision you are running by looking at the numbers you posted and if the switchable kinematic feature had already been merged at that time. I am not one of them and that is why I suggested you run one of the -trt simulation configs to find out. You can also look for configs/sim/axis/vismach/millturn or configs/sim/axis/vismach/melfa-sim. If these are not present in your installation you need to get a more recent revision of 2.9.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2022 11:59 by Aciera.

More
11 Jul 2022 12:30 #247070 by tommylight
3879 is the last build for Buster, the current builds should be in the 6000 range, did not check lately.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds