External offset problem

More
06 Jun 2023 10:51 #273003 by rudydp99@gmail.com
I have a problem with external offsets in that my simulation of the zwp demo works fine but on my machine, with the same external offset setup, it
does not work. The  axis.z.offset and axis.z.offset-request values remain zero on the machine, but in the sim they change as required and the z-axis move-off functions.

Attached are screen shots of the eoffset pin settings and pyvcp controls (same as used in the jwp sim config). The ini file has the required 
OFFSET_AV_RATIO = 0.2 line for the z-axis. the files starting with mm is for the machine, and the files for the sim start with sim.

Is there any other control pin that needs to be set for eoffset to work on a real machine?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2023 11:02 #273004 by rudydp99@gmail.com
I forgot to mention that I am using lcnc 2.8.4 with trivkins and that the machine is on and homed and in a paused state on a path of a simple gcode
program. In this paused state I can enable axis.z.eoffset-enable and increment axis.z.eoffset-counts, but with no effect on axis.z.eoffset.

More
06 Jun 2023 21:41 - 06 Jun 2023 21:42 #273039 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic External offset problem
on a very quick look, From your hal file, it looks like eoffsets are only enabled when the machine is paused. MAybe eoffsets are not enabled in this state.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2023 21:42 by rodw.

More
07 Jun 2023 05:46 #273061 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic External offset problem

MAybe eoffsets are not enabled in this state.

But that is the purpose of the 'jwp' sim provided ( ie 'jog while paused') and it works just fine there.
Here it looks just like the offset clear is active but from the hal file it looks unlikely. Not sure where the problem is.

More
07 Jun 2023 06:09 #273063 by rudydp99@gmail.com
Yes indeed I want it to work only if the program is paused. It works perfectly in the
jwp sim example, and I use exactly the same pyvcp panel and associated hal file
from the sim example. But on the machine it seems not enabled to move the z-axis even though the scale factor and count is correct.

More
08 Jun 2023 06:33 #273138 by rudydp99@gmail.com
is there anybody that can direct me to the source or component that handles the eoffsets. Perhaps I can find out what the conditions have to be to enable the jwp
function.

More
10 Jun 2023 12:39 #273268 by rudydp99@gmail.com
I found the problem: I have a 4th axis on the machine that I want to use the jwp function on, and out of habit I seldom home the 4th axis - it does not normally seem to be necessary.

However, jwp with external offsets need ALL axes homed before it will function.

More
10 Jun 2023 15:46 #273271 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic External offset problem
Thanks for reporting back!
Glad you got it working.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds