Multi-mode machine with python API

More
28 Oct 2023 20:22 #283989 by santy
Hey guys.
I want to make a machine which has multiple modes, such as plasma and ATC drilling.

The requirements for each machine in separate are simple on their own, but having a reliable way to manage both operations on one machine seems extremely complicated.

My idea is to run plasmac and axis or probe basic, and run a script using the pythonAPI component to get the coordinantes of one machine and send them to the other config, upon closing one and opening the other. 

But at the time I see a huge inconvenience: I can only Jog when disabling the need for homing, and I can't run g-codes because of this.
Is there any way I can run g-codes without having homed the machine, while still being able to home it if i want to?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2023 20:52 #283994 by tommylight
Use PlasmaC, set up another spindle with the required offsets.
That should be all that is required to have cutting and drilling on the same config/machine.
M3 $0
is torch
M3 $1 can be a normal spindle so that would be M3 $1 S3000 for 3000RPM.
$1 might be in use in PlasmaC for scribe, i think, so use whatever is free.

More
28 Oct 2023 21:03 #283996 by santy
The thing is i can't settle for a normal spindle... i must be able to run an ATC. i need to be able to run G33.1 taps in the steel. this is way i got excited about switching between plasmac and probe basic.

More
29 Oct 2023 01:08 #284002 by cmorley
[TRAJ]
NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1

allows jogging/MDI without homing.

More
29 Oct 2023 01:19 #284003 by rodw

The thing is i can't settle for a normal spindle... i must be able to run an ATC. i need to be able to run G33.1 taps in the steel. this is way i got excited about switching between plasmac and probe basic.

I don't think the operation of an ATC has anything to do with a spindle. You should still  be able operate an ATC with plasmac to a different spindle  number in qtplasmac. It might not have the pritty pictures that probe basic does but it should be able to be made to work. if not, post in the plasmac section requesting the feature

More
29 Oct 2023 13:04 #284014 by santy
yes but does [TRAJ]
NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1 , allow running g-codes tho?

More
29 Oct 2023 20:30 #284073 by andypugh
Back to the original question:

It is possible to have two INI files in the same config folder, which can share common HAL files (but also call out separate individual ones).
Also, you can choose to share tool tables, or not.

My milling machine has 4 separate configs; Vertical, Horizontal, High Speed Spindle and Gear Hobbing. These all share the same config folder.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds