Adding 4th/Rotary Axis to XYYZ CNC Router. A or C Axis ?

More
15 Mar 2024 17:19 #295982 by denhen89
Ohh this is possible. I will check that when i am back in the workshop on tomorrow, but thank you very much for your quick reply. At least i now know that its not normal. I will check the connection on tomorrow and then i will update.
Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2024 21:28 - 15 Mar 2024 21:30 #295997 by denhen89
Its working, you were right. Thank you! 

Just one question, because i am a bit confused.

When i touch off my A axis it shows 0.000 on the DRO. When i then run the program, the A-axis rotates to the first position e.g. A-0.485, and it seems that everything is alright while dry-machining, but at the end of the program the machine goes to A0 (as it is in the code), but the A0 position is the physical position of A-0.485 .
So, the position from the touch off before running the g-code is after finishing program not anymore the same.
The "new" A0 is the first position where the A-axis rotates to, so A-0.485.
I need to check if its physically really at A-0.485, but i have run the program 3 times and always it was at the same position after the program has been finished.
Its like the program or the post processor creates a new 0.000 position, but when i restart the same program it does not anymore rotate to A-0.485, because it is already o that position. Strange for me.
(i can post the g-code on tomorrow, because i cannot find the usb stick right now)
Last edit: 15 Mar 2024 21:30 by denhen89.

More
16 Mar 2024 00:05 #296002 by tommylight
Haven't used touch off much, so i will refrain from answering risking making a bigger mess! :)

More
16 Mar 2024 00:11 #296005 by denhen89
I have tried to recreate the g code on my pc at home and i believe its about the same, so maybe someone will find out why such behavior.
*i am currently lerning what all those G codes mean, as for example G54, etc. :D
Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2024 00:27 #296006 by tommylight
N1190 G53 G0 Z0.
That is at the start and end of your gcode, so it is returning to machine 0, not to material 0 where you set it with touch off.
"Material 0" is G54.
No issues with using that, just DRO will show different values depending on what G53/G54/G55 etc mode is in use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denhen89

More
16 Mar 2024 08:54 #296034 by denhen89
Now i am getting it. I have learned something, thank you.
I feel a bit bad, because i have build a couple of CNC machines, but i am almost unable to write a simple g-code. I have to spend a bit of time working with g-codes.
Have a nice weekend:)

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds