changing milling head orientation while toolchange

More
14 Dec 2010 14:38 #6036 by skunkworks
hmm - good question. I don't know. (I cannot test it at the moment)

sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2010 14:40 #6037 by skunkworks
according to the docs... you are right. (that puts a crimp in my pallet changing in gcode.)

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/gui_halui.html#sub:MDI

sam

More
14 Dec 2010 15:06 #6039 by nursum
Hi Andy, that thing with the halui.joint.2.home pin is a good idea! After a tool request a component check if the halui.joint.2.home pin is set, then it stops the movement, then turn the head, then gives movement free to go to the tool change position... what halui pin is responsible for the machine movement in that case? Should i take the halui.feed-override.value pin set to zero or the halui.optinal.stop.on pin

More
14 Dec 2010 15:10 #6040 by nursum
Hi Sam, Andy ask the same I would ask... but is it possible to swich inside a program to the manual mode and then swich back to the auto mode and go on with the programm? Then it could work with MDI_COMMANDS which is the easiest way actually

More
14 Dec 2010 15:44 #6041 by andypugh
I will try to get some details on this tonight (via IRC). There is a way to send instructions to the motion controller via shell scripts (which can be linked to in a number of ways).

Also, I think that a HAL component can set/unset the halui.mode-auto (etc) pins to change the operating mode.

Almost anything you can imagine wanting to do with EMC2 has been made possible to do by somebody, but quite often not in an easy or well documented way.

More
15 Dec 2010 21:51 #6065 by nursum
the possibility to send shell scrips to the motion controller sounds very interesting, but for that the Gcode interpreter has to stop...

More
15 Dec 2010 23:49 #6069 by andypugh
I have been thinking about this a bit, and I suspect that your simplest solution might be to call a G-code routine to change tools, rather than use M6.

ie, instead of M6 P5 G43 you would use O<toolchange> CALL [5]

The G-code can check the state of the head (M66) , move to a safe orient position (G53), operate the hydraulics (M62), then move to the final toolchange position before issuing the M6 and G43 commands.

I did type a longer reply, incorporating the suggested G-code, but the forum ate it, and logged me out.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds